• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

91W350

91W350, do you all have any 105 covers left?
A few tan and a couple of green, no camo.

"How early are you going to be there on Saturday Glen?"

We had a change of plans, apparently the General Manager failed to approve the closing this weekend and the owner told me last night to get enough people together to be open Friday and Saturday.

I will have to work the BFR building, Friday I will not have much chance to get free until 1400. Saturday I should be able to float back and forth between yards. We open at 0800 both days.

I still plan to leave a cooler full of beverages in the yard for those that come. I sadly cannot be grilling as that is something I was really looking forward to. I will still have the loader and torch available. I do not think we should be very busy as the we will be closed signs have been up for two weeks. Glen

davesgmc

gotta love management. when i ran an auto shop for years we were always closed on black friday,,,for 8 years in a row. so one year, 2 days before, i had told a custoemr in front of him we were closed on that friday and he looked at me all shocked. was pissed off that i made the decsion that we would be closed. actually yelled and argued with me right in front of the customer. so we all came in friday, no customers all morning. but we had an appt at 4, so i made everyone stay,,,,,,,and low and behold that customer never showed.....lol, at least i got paid!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
davesgmc , his son Davey, Elmo the truck and I made the trip out to BFR yesterday. Glen thank you for the run of the place and use of the toy truck with the 3 foot long cutting torch and loader. It was still below freezing when we got out there but the Kansas wind died down around 11 and the rest of the day was cool and clear. I finally got the cab for my M275 rebuild, the only rust on it was surface were the Carc had chipped off. Dave picked up about 150 pounds of nick nacks and I scored 2 nice aluminum boarding ladders besides the cab. Found out Elmo weighted in at 23,060 with crew, tools and 2 spare 11X20 in the back.
Got to spend some visit time with Glen but it seemed every time he got out to us in the yard the cell would go off and he would have to go back to the office. Anybody that gets out there today will have a great time as it is supposed to be a little warmer.

Attachments

Rkrug

good saturday

It was pretty nice on Saturday and came a way with some nice parts,van heater, 4 glad hands with hoses to go with the tow bar, and a nice digital light switch.Got the heater going today after a little tinkering, every thing seemed to work good, only problem was that I forgot to get the fuel pump off the trailer so I had to use a primer bulb off an outboard, but that seemed to work just fine.
Already making a list for the next trip, Fuel pump, pto, Horn,........

Thanks for a grate day Glen!!

Attachments

davesgmc

saw the heaters, thought about removing one,,,they will be crushed soon if not, but completely forgot about them. you better hurry up and get a fuel pump before it gets smashed!
i always think afterwards about the other things i shouldda got, and make a list for the next trip,,,of which i forget to take the list with me.

Rkrug

soonest i would be able to get out there again would be 8th so it will probably be smashed by then, but there will probably be another one there sometime.

Rkrug

IMG_0733.jpgIMG_0734.jpgIMG_0735.jpgIMG_0736.jpgIMG_0737.jpgHere are some pics of the PTO and Hydraulic system that I got from Glen a few weeks ago, got most of it put on just need to get the 24vdc valves so I can control my plow then it should be all ready to go, but since I have the control up in the cab for a winch..... I might find my self coming home from Glens with a winch one of these days.Also got a deep water fording kit that I am working on installing right now just need to get the lines that go to the fuel tank and transmission off the USMC truck at Glens next trip out there.
Thanks a bunch Glen for all your help!

Last edited:

91W350

View attachment 400900View attachment 400891View attachment 400892View attachment 400893View attachment 400894Here are some pics of the PTO and Hydraulic system that I got from Glen a few weeks ago, got most of it put on just need to get the 24vdc valves so I can control my plow then it should be all ready to go, but since I have the control up in the cab for a winch..... I might find my self coming home from Glens with a winch one of these days.Also got a deep water fording kit that I am working on installing right now just need to get the lines that go to the fuel tank and transmission off the USMC truck at Glens next trip out there.
Thanks a bunch Glen for all your help!
Looking great my man, you are welcome anytime.

Rkrug

Looks like I will have to come down Next week,After looking at the fording kit I found that if I install it without the lines going to the transmission and fuel tank then I will just have 2 holes where dirt can get sucked into the intake manifold so i Guess that I will have to get those lines before I hook up the rest of it. Have to look at that cover too, be nice for keeping stuff in the back of the truck while camping at the lake

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
making me miss the place!!!

what ya got sittin i the yard right now? got the whole next week off.
Glen I have a small load to PU at Riley Thursday 08:00 so I guess Dave and I will head out your way after that if the weather holds.

davesgmc

yeah, so buy some stuff and get it to the yard real quick before next thursday,,,,,lol. I need to take a look see and try to find 2 more of those combat wheels to trade out for the wrong ones i picked up earlier. hopefully you ahve some with junk tires on them. 10 stud 3/4 thread studs. not the 20 stud or the 10 stud 5/8 thread.

91W350

We have to keep Elmo happy, so bring back the ones you have and swap them out for the ones you want. I have the 800 series trucks back on the ground, maybe we can salvage some more parts before they go bye bye....

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Glen, I sent you a pm and an email, please get back to me as soon as you can. I sure would like to head your way soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks