• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

Rkrug

Made a quick trip out today to get a level winder. Just when I got on the interstate to go back home stupid F-150 started missing. Wish it ran as good as the 5ton does.
IMG_0978.jpg

davesgmc

man, i am really wanting a winch for ELMO. a winch with a level wind sure looks cool. but with my 2 times bigger than a stock 5 ton radiator to cool that Detroit ,,there is simply not enough room to run a drive shaft to it........, maybe mount a 900 series winch to the rear and have it under the bed? might have to drive the ELMO back out and do some measuring of the truck and the winch to see if i can fit one..and being hydraulic, would work great in the rear too. then i can pull ELMO back out of what ever it gets stuck in,, haven't EVER got him stuck yet and its been in some really nasty stuff too. Could also double as a winch to pull broken stuff up onto the trailer too.

liekos62

Hi,

I will be passing through your neck of the woods shortly. Do you have any 800 or 900 series fuel tanks available? I am looking for something to add to a generator for more fuel storage capacity.

Thanks!

dragonman

Glen im in need of quite a few parts for an m923 im restoring. if you could pm me your number i would give you a call and see what you had. im in southwest iowa so it wouldent be a problem to drive down there and take the stuff off so you didnt have to. Thanks Brady
Have you gone down yet?
I would like to ride along.

91W350

We have several 1400 Michelins with excellent tread. I do not pull flats, we have three excellent tires off of an A2 and the guys broke the valve stems removing the wheels. I have a regular tire warehouse right now!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WOW what a change, KCCLAY and I spent my birthday junkin out at Glens yesterday and all the trucks and mountains of beds had met there fate in the crusher and the whole south end of the lot is bare! Glen does still have mountains of sorted stacked tires and about 10 beds full of pulled parts, hard tops, doors, alts, boarding ladders, gauge boards and nick nacks and still has some complete trucks. Compared to what that lot looked like when Glen first started out there choked with giant cotton woods, brush and piles of crap it is now cleaned up and ready for the next batch of trucks. I left the camera at home but wish I had brought it if for nothing else to have a picture of me on the mountains of G177's stacked 7 high picking out tires.
Got my M10 ammo trailer home and the tires for STAGG'S duce unloaded at davesgmc ,as we were unloading heard the sound of a Cummings in the drive only to find Glen had come East to Dave's to pick up a M1101 he had bought from me! I tried to bring it out to him that morning but the tires would not fit between the fender wells of the 16 ft trailer.

91W350

That M1101 got a few miles at 82 mph on the way home. I was trying to beat the setting sun. I took off cross country at Junction City,using dirt roads and old blacktop roads to an encounter with a fellow officer. I dropped it at my cousin's house and just got home with it this morning. It tows very nicely behind that old Dodge....

We have two 923s and will be picking up another in the morning. We have two 813s waiting for the EUC to clear. I am sure we will accumulate some more. It just depends on how they lot them out. Lots of doors, clevises, bows, troop seats, PCB boxes etc here to pick over...... and a mountain of tires!

machinist75

How's it going Glenn? I'm looking for the front shackle mounts, pins, shackles, rear shackles, and pins from a deuce. Can you help a brother out?

Thanks
Mike

liekos62

Glen,

Thanks for all of the great deals Friday I appreciate it! The M923 tank will be awesome for my generator setup and all of the other gear is just icing on the cake! The next time I come through I will stop by and say hi! I forgot to ask how much the G177 tires/rims are going for?

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adam

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks