• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The Dave's will be out there in the AM after we do a quick PU at Riley, just hoping the storms aren't too bad but maybe with all the fill you added it won't be too much of a quagmire. I don't want to dig out another boot!

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't decide if I'm sad or happy I'm not there.

On one hand, my wallet would be emptier. On the other, it's stuff I'll likely get at some point anyways.

91W350

How do you guys keep it together with all that candy laying around???
It is only tough on me, nobody else here has green fever. I see a lot of stuff go bye-bye that makes me want to cry. I am just glad the boss lets me do what he does. We do not allow parts sales at all in our other yard.

Another Ahab

It is only tough on me, nobody else here has green fever. I see a lot of stuff go bye-bye that makes me want to cry. I am just glad the boss lets me do what he does. We do not allow parts sales at all in our other yard.
That's not normal. Wonder if they're all really aliens or something:

- Now what was that movie!?

invasion.jpg

91W350

The Daves already left, we do not have a tan cover right now, but should have soon. I had a pair of clean ones, but the guys have been using them to cover loads and the drain containers.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just got back from Glen's just in time to hit with monsoon rain on the way to the barn to unload, but on the last mile sun came out and it stopped, yep I am living right!

Breach27
I picked up you a Tan cover when I was out there a little over a week ago, no rubber rope and just a few rust stains on the inside no rips tears or abrasions and with a good power washing should look sweet. I won't be at the convoy this year but will send it down with Greg Booth, he and Jenny will be camping at the park with an RV and M38A1.

It was a little overwhelming at the yard today some of the trucks are already being broken down to scrap so stayed out of the yard guys way which worked well, but had a pile of goodies that was a little too close to the work area that got ran over by the dozier carting a 939 frame. 100 trucks and only found 10 steel bows worth getting, found a lot of nice wood ones that look like they spent their military lives stowed up under the bed.
Got 2 winch hyd motors for gimpy, 5 steel bows for sd39u and some front metal turn signals with lollypop lights for my XM818, DavesGMC got a nice set of pioneer tools and some pamphlet bags.
Sad news was Glen had gotten in a nice low mileage rebuild that the fork monster bit and chewed on!aua
I noticed that Glen had gone through some of the trucks and were boldly marked "save top" and a stack of nice ones that had been pulled were out of the way for you guys going out to get one.

glen15 005.jpg glen15 006.jpg The row of trucks is two deep and runs the length of the yard glen15 007.jpg glen15 011.jpg Oh, and did I mention winches, there are at least 4 cargo beds full of them stacked about 4 high that have the frame extensions on them and still a bunch, one with the level wind still on trucks. glen15 010.jpg
A lot of the trucks are former Marine ISO beds and found a lot of the hard to find ISO 15' cargo covers rolled up tight in the tool boxes, they seemed to be the older style with the detached end flaps.

The good thing was we got to spend some time with Glen but not as long as we wanted as we were trying to get back before out first spring thunder storm struck. Also thank you again Glen for letting us spend time pulling parts out on the great Kansas plains, only thing better is putting them back on a truck that needs them.

Last edited:

Monkeyboyarmy

I could use one of those doors off of the back of the ISO beds. MWMULES.....are you heading back over there before Findlay?

Edit with answer; I will be going back out before Findlay, but space is a premium for me, any small items up to a cargo cover would not be a problem at least to Dayton, as I have more than I can haul sitting at the BeefCo logistic hub at SWB's place that will need transported up to Findlay. Send me a PM or email. thanks, MWMULES

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I could use one of those doors off of the back of the ISO beds. MWMULES.....are you heading back over there before Findlay?

Edit with answer; I will be going back out before Findlay, but space is a premium for me, any small items up to a cargo cover would not be a problem at least to Dayton, as I have more than I can haul sitting at the BeefCo logistic hub at SWB's place that will need transported up to Findlay. Send me a PM or email. thanks, MWMULES

Oh, the under bed storage door, pretty sure I saw a couple out there that were still straight and something that size will not be a problem. On the WWII cargo trucks it was called the tool box door as most did not have them mounted on the sides.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A buddy and I made the trip Friday to do some parts picking; We found some good parts for good price. I had a fun pulling parts, seeing all the trucks and had a good chat as well.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks