• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

belmor

It is quite a drive out of the way, however I don't know that I would find a better deal on a set. Can you PM me your number and I will call and see what we can work out?

Thanks!

EO2NMCB

Wanted to thank Glen for the Great hospitality today! Sorry no pictures I left my camera in the truck. Got 6 like new 1400-20 tires on rims! Thanks for letting me roam the yard!

WantOne

Spent all day last Thursday at the yard. As has been said many times before Glen is a pleasure to deal with. Looking forward to my next trip up there.

m38inmaine

If you are headed out here and would pull a few small parts for me please send a pm. Will take care of shipping etc. Thanks.

91W350

We do have some deuce wheels with tires on them. Need a dozen or so? These would be the old six lug safety ring wheels, not the newer beadlock A3 wheels.

mowill

Just what I am looking for. Don't really need a dozen for sure need one maybe 5 depending on price just using them for rollers till I get my other wheels made.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Glen thanks for another day of deals. Got a 939 bench seat for the flight line van, and some nick nacks.
Noticed Glen has about 3 Deuce style gun rings out there with the deuce style legs and lots of the LWS legs but did see any of the LWS rings/mounts.

000_0118.jpgHe has so many winches out there they are starting to scrap them also, need a 939 winch, call Glen.000_0120.jpg 000_0119.jpg 000_0121.jpg

Last edited:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Ahh the fate of the trucks that we sell is always fun to see! BFR has been a great business partner for us as well! GREAT people to do business with!

Piper Cub

Any good winch cables in the piles, or at least the chain and hook for the end of the cable? I have a winch already but it came without a cable. I probably will hardly, if ever, use it but I'd sure like to have a complete truck.

therooster2001

YIKES. I know the yard pretty good now, Glen and the boys are BUSY. That pile used to be just axles, now it's another pile of truck frames, and it's been regraded. I'm coming out soon.

therooster2001

Made the trek out from Denver again to get some parts from Glen. Long road trip but completely worth it. Got some CTIS quick release valves, large fuel filter assembly, two pristine front windows, some gauges, scored a solargizer, small parts and a couple of heater cores.

Glen has a ton of whole engines, a couple of canopies, hard tops, some really nice troop seats, winches, and tires. The hoods were already crunched, so I missed my timing on a hood support, and some headlights for another member. He'll have another batch soon, but I feel the end coming for the massive amount he contracted.

Bryce helped me out in the lot finding some parts and had stashed my tools that I had left two months ago. Great guy! Several of the lot guys will tell you where they find or have stashed some parts for us. Very helpful.

Go see Glen, couldn't ask for a nicer guy to help us out, and give us access to such a sweet spot. Great deals as always.

Thanks Glen!

A lineup of some A2's. They were about to pull the engines.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440509428.113991.jpg

The crunched hood and cab pile. Some good stuff still in there unfortunately. Just a bit dangerous to grab. I did get a PTO linkage part from one in the back. Saw a CTIS ECU still in there. Bet they'd pull something out with the loader if you needed it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440509448.816128.jpg

The A2 that yielded some parts for me like the air valves under the step. They had taken the hard top off, and they ripped the bed off minutes later. It gives you easy access to things like the CTIS valves and the ABS ECU.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440509498.160854.jpg

91W350

Kansas Forestry is here today pulling an A2 wiring harness, a new one is 1100 dollars. I told them we would be more than fair with them. They tell me the things to stock up on for these 939 series trucks will be heater cores, air filter elements and protective control boxes. Apparently there is a change in the front drive line between an A1 and an A2, the A1 having a carrier bearing and the A2 needing one. They are recommending that we pull front drive shafts, not going to happen as we cannot turn the money fast enough. If anybody wants one though, better get it while the getting is good! Rooster, thanks for another enjoyable visit, always a pleasure to see some of the regulars come back!

Csm Davis

Kansas Forestry is here today pulling an A2 wiring harness, a new one is 1100 dollars. I told them we would be more than fair with them. They tell me the things to stock up on for these 939 series trucks will be heater cores, air filter elements and protective control boxes. Apparently there is a change in the front drive line between an A1 and an A2, the A1 having a carrier bearing and the A2 needing one. They are recommending that we pull front drive shafts, not going to happen as we cannot turn the money fast enough. If anybody wants one though, better get it while the getting is good! Rooster, thanks for another enjoyable visit, always a pleasure to see some of the regulars come back!
Does the A2 driveshaft make contact with something?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks