BFR's Floozy

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven’t made as much progress with the truck as I would like but I did find a m796 bolster trailer at a price I couldn’t pass up. I have a lot of work left to do before I feel comfortable towing with the floozy on the street. Fortunately for me steelsoldiers member glcaines snagged it for me and pulled it over the mountain to my place.
I pressure washed it &flipped the lunette into the high position (the cotter key in the castle nut was the most difficult one I have ever dealt with) and then hooked it up to the SEE to park it off the street. I only moved it at walking speed, but it seems like it will work well for what I want. It appears to have started out semigloss green, then to have gone through a MERDC phase, and finally solid green.07964D4E-BCC1-405F-8F9B-9EDC105876DC.jpegA3480CFF-50E2-46F1-BB19-AAC1FAD1CC3D.jpeg

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good Joel! That pressure washing made a big difference on the bolster trailer. It pulled really good behind my deuce.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck was missing the front loader remote switch when I got it. I found one on eBay that matches the nsn but is black instead of white. I installed it & now I can raise/lower the front end loader from the backhoe operator’s position as intended.7D423FDF-20CD-47C9-8448-64AA494DBD23.jpegFDC86342-2738-4FF5-8F24-ACC07018EE2A.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks