• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BigMike's Deuce gets more CARC

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's alive!!!

Finally!

7 months, hundreds of hours of sanding, dozens of sheets of sand paper, dealing with paint blisters...still have the bed to do.

Hooked up the batteries.
installed the dash.
Fixed a bad ground.
Gave her juice and she fired right up! rofl

Within 5 seconds, oil pressure was up.
No low air buzzer...i'll fix that next.
air pressure went right up.
Drove her around the property.

It was a GOOD day!!!!

Attachments

death to the paint booth!!! YAHOO!!!
Ahahahaha, Ya killed it after it almost took your sanity!! Great ending to an uphill battle. :lol:

Looks fantastic Mike. Love the before and after. Those new data plates really make it stand out. Thumbs up. [thumbzup]

Is your air cleaner vacumn guage a new one or aftermarket? Mine looks totally different. Yours has them graduated yellow lines and a larger diamater. Does anyone else have one like that?

When we have the get together in November we'll have to break a bottle of "the champagne of beers" over the rear pintle. :beer:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh Mike, you blew up the paint booth before you did the 105! Man, that looks sweet.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is your air cleaner vacumn guage a new one or aftermarket? Mine looks totally different. Yours has them graduated yellow lines and a larger diamater.

This air cleaner vacuum guage came with the truck. It was coated in tan CARC so it a took a bit to get the paint off without scratching the original surface.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brucedebuilder said:
Look really neat
Where did your get the new data plates and door sticker from - mine could do with some here in the UK
Perform a google search and you will find his web site. Tons of data plates and complete sets as well. It's hard to get ahold of him, but the product is great and i felt priced reasonably.

The door sticker was made by Polverone. Top quality as well.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Applied the stencils

Well, I applied the paint masks to complete the cab. I'm gonna get going on the bed next. They came from Rick Larsen.

Here was my experience...
The paint masks didn't stick to CARC all that well. Had to keep rubbing them down with a soft rag just before painting.
Because they didn't stick that well, it was a challenge to peel the top layer off without taking the paint mask with it.
It is recommended to paint one mask at a time, let it cure up a bit then peel it off so it doesn't take the paint with it...this slowed down the process.

All in all I'm very happy. Now to get that bed done.

You may notice no bumper numbers yet. I gotta flip the bumper and add those nicely painted bumper brackets first.

Attachments

srodocker

where did you get those stencils for your hood markings...im putting "Crossfire" on one side in remembrance of a fallen soldier friend of mine in iraq. im also up in the air on what unit markings i should do...

BAZYRKYR

Well, I applied the paint masks to complete the cab. I'm gonna get going on the bed next. They came from Rick Larsen.

Here was my experience...
The paint masks didn't stick to CARC all that well. Had to keep rubbing them down with a soft rag just before painting.
Because they didn't stick that well, it was a challenge to peel the top layer off without taking the paint mask with it.
It is recommended to paint one mask at a time, let it cure up a bit then peel it off so it doesn't take the paint with it...this slowed down the process.

All in all I'm very happy. Now to get that bed done.

You may notice no bumper numbers yet. I gotta flip the bumper and add those nicely painted bumper brackets first.

BigMike's Mirrors.jpg
What kind of mirrors are on your truck? I really like them...its a nice clean & uncluttered look.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks