• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blinker assembly

nspctr1

Have to change out lt blinker assembly on 998. Have bolts out but cant figure out how to remove wires. Do they just pull apart or how do you get them separated

orgnal

Have to change out lt blinker assembly on 998. Have bolts out but cant figure out how to remove wires. Do they just pull apart or how do you get them separated
Yes, you should be able to pull them out at the connectors. 3 of them if I remember correctly.

McReddy

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh. Look at the blinker, there is a big shiny nut that has the 3 wires coming out of the middle of it. Unscrew the nut, righty tighty lefty loosy, and the wires will come out with a plug attached. Inside is a plug with a 3 prong connector. These connectors are used on military trucks and aircraft. Your start box has a much bigger one sticking up into the engine bay. Make sure the pins are lined up properly and the little slot inside the connector is line up properly when you reassemble.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 answers to 1 question....blinker assy. Are we talking about an amber turn signal lamp on the hood? Or the Turn signal directional lever on the steering column. If we know which one, the question can be answered, right now the OP is probably in shock....LOL.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My apologies nspctr1, I though you were asking about the blinker or flasher module under the dash. I'm gonna leave the HMMWV questions to rwh from now on.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No need to apologize. I'm new to these vehicles and obviously have difficulty phrasing a question being new to the terminology. But I'm learning!!!
Spend some time reading the parts TM , it will teach you the correct names of the parts and has diagrams of how things go together.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My apologies nspctr1, I though you were asking about the blinker or flasher module under the dash. I'm gonna leave the HMMWV questions to rwh from now on.
Don't leave us NDT! I was just kinda doing an LOL, and said to myself, "no idea what specifically" he was referring too.
hope no offense was taken....
i would tell any newb that if they don't know the terminology, post a pic of it.

nspctr1

SO, got another blinker assembly from a deuce today, installed it , and , the blinker works but the BO lights, dash lights don't work and the headlight switch is now wonky. I'm going to try and switch wires around tomorrow but, Is there a easier way to find out what wires go where? I read the posts where it says match up the #'s on the ID tags on the wire but that doesn't work.

Thx

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be a schematic in a TM.

Action

For the blackout lights, are you moving the top lever to the left? Check them at noght. How often do you think you will use the b/o lights? Is your brightness lever on the left on bright, dim, or off?

nspctr1

I installed the first time matching #s on tags and blinker didnt work. I used a meter, found blinker and worked from there. The blinker works and now, the headlights don't come on unless I turn on the instrument panel lights. Before, I could just unlock the switch and turn on headlights and they worked. Did I blow a fuse? If so, wouldn't it affect the blinker and parking light? Never found diagram that shows actual turn signal wiring except for deuce and half.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks