• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

blinkers not working

vincentbsll

I read your post when I was searching for the problem with my blinkers not working. Any idea what causes the lights to flash for a few seconds then quit.

stumps

I read your post when I was searching for the problem with my blinkers not working. Any idea what causes the lights to flash for a few seconds then quit.
When the solder joints in the blinker controller break, you can get into a situation where they make contact when cold, but break contact when blinking makes them warm up a little. I would strip off the outer layer of epoxy from the board using heat and a pick, and then resolder all of the solder joints with a good 60/40 rosin core solder. After you have done that, test the blinker, and if it is working properly, re pot the board with permatex flowable windshield sealant.

-Chuck