• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blown ABS ECU - how not to do that etc.

martinwcox

ABS now Working!

I spent the last few days as time permitted to add the surge protector and a relay so that both the Perm + and Switched + to the ECU are protected.

Swapped out the bad ECU for the new one I purchased on ebay and all is working, ECU self test passes and the ABS Light goes out as it should.

Phew, you never know with stuff from ebay!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent the last few days as time permitted to add the surge protector and a relay so that both the Perm + and Switched + to the ECU are protected.

Swapped out the bad ECU for the new one I purchased on ebay and all is working, ECU self test passes and the ABS Light goes out as it should.

Phew, you never know with stuff from ebay!
Nice job!!
You have any pics and the type and p/n of the surge protector and relay you used.
Also the p/n of the ECU you used.
A friend has the same problem with a M931 now.
Thanks!

74M35A2

Any updates here of how protection can be added? I zapped my ABS ECU also, and I'd like to add over-volt protection as we'll. It seems the ABS ECU is the only thing to pay the price in an over-volt situation on these trucks. Sure, it is easy to say "Shut it down correctly", but I can't guarantee that to take place every time, correctly. My kids start/stop the truck as we'll.

I have a separate thread started to check known relationships between a properly functioning PCB and the ABS ECU.