• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blue Hot Rod M37

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow....that's, uhhhh....

I don't think anyone who served with those trucks ever envisioned how...uh...different it could be made.

Sorry. There's a good word to describe this truck. It's three letters long, starts with "G" and rhymes with RAY.

3dAngus

l like it. Normally I'm a guy who likes vehicles original, but I'm findind that with some of these OD Green machines, the olivedrab never really bring out their true potential., nor their lines.

My personal preference for the M37 remains original but its nice to see someone bring out the glory of the build with something more profound.

Even more shocking is some of the 5 tons when dressed with a bit of style using multiple colors to bring out the lines. Some can be real head turners.

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a couple of pictures of my truck next to the blue truck at a Chrysler show a couple of weeks ago. The same guy, Gary Wirth did both trucks (at the same time in his shop).

The red and silver one is a WC-53 he did a few years ago.

Gary does VERY nice work. [thumbzup] [thumbzup]

Storm 51

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG he did it with a Carryall as well?!? It looks like a ghetto Bentley now! Is he going to cut up and pimp out a Command Car next?

MVs should stay green. Well, for the most part. I don't doubt he does great work, but WOW. I mean, WOW.

Attachments

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had the truck for 32 years (it's actually a M-42). I could start adding up the receipts to come up with a number if you're serious, but I've never had the courage to do that yet. My wife doesn't want to even think about adding it up.

But, on the brighter side, I do have almost all the accessories (just like a Barbi doll!). :whistle:

BTW, this is the second time that truck has been restored. :wink:

Storm 51 [thumbzup]

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG he did it with a Carryall as well?!? It looks like a ghetto Bentley now! Is he going to cut up and pimp out a Command Car next?

MVs should stay green. Well, for the most part. I don't doubt he does great work, but WOW. I mean, WOW.
They are not his vehicles. He just does what he is told. Both the blue truck and the Carryall have HUGE engines in them and custom interiors. Gary will do whatever you want. He likes restoring them to stock configuration, but he makes his living at this. He's been restoring and customizing cars for over 35 years.

My truck has combat wheels. They are not "stock" but I like 'em. There are other little deviations but most are covered by MWO's or would be within a "commander's discretion".

So, please don't criticize Gary for a vehicle owners taste. :-(

Storm 51

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
They are not his vehicles. He just does what he is told. Both the blue truck and the Carryall have HUGE engines in them and custom interiors. Gary will do whatever you want. He likes restoring them to stock configuration, but he makes his living at this. He's been restoring and customizing cars for over 35 years.

My truck has combat wheels. They are not "stock" but I like 'em. There are other little deviations but most are covered by MWO's or would be within a "commander's discretion".

So, please don't criticize Gary for a vehicle owners taste. :-(

Storm 51
I agree. Years ago I was sorta anal about MVs and wanted everything as close to original as possible.
THEN I met some REALLY anal enthuasists who would argue for ten minutes about a "correct" bolt or washer or screw and I saw that was not for me.

Now days I have tried to adopt the policy that if I can't say something good then nothing is good to say!

You have a beautiful truck by the way![thumbzup][thumbzup]

L1A1

Isn't Gary Wirth the same guy who won MVPA best in show for his restored (stock) M38 a few years back? John Bizal had some of his stuff on display on his site a while ago. If it's the same Gary I'm thinking of :oops:.

Matt

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think the square headlights ruin it.... Original lights would have been better looking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks