• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed deuce is finished

Towman2277

We got our first bob job finished on our deuce and now have installed the New Michelin 395 XML's. Today we're flipping the hubs to run the stock rims all dished in. :) I'm trying to upload a few pics.....

wrewrewtrettre 006.jpg

Towman2277

I'm building a custom recovery bed with a 20,000 lb pto winch. I own a towing and recovery service so the truck came in handy, but now it's my everyday driver!! [thumbzup] I'm going to exo-skeleton the truck (like a brush fire truck) to help keep from bending/denting it up. I took it mudding as a deuce, but you won't BELIEVE how much better it will go thru stuff now!!!!!!! It accelerates, brakes, gets 10 mpg now!!!
Bobbed is the way to go if you plan on doing some driving!

Towman2277

Took these pics tonight just after the hub flip. I will start the Exo tomorrow. I used the stock front drive shaft, and i'm VERY happy with the length!!! It will turn on a dime compared to stock! And it will outrun a few trucks running around here on take off!!! :grin::grin::grin:

Towman2277

I wanted to add just a few thoughts about this project soo far. I've ran a few different tread patterns, and besides the original NDCC's, the best tire soo far all around to me has been the XML's. These are 395's, and I ran them before the Bob also.
I sold my set of 6 on stock deuce rims, and bought 6 more for this project. I went and picked up 6 more new ones (I have a great source) and keep 2 spares just in case.
Before the bob, it took an acre to turn around. Now I can turn this truck sharper than my 1 ton pick-up. Also, the front tires clear without tocuhing anything, even flexed and turned sharply.
Also, i didn't realize JUST how much more take off i'd have. I leave in high range, and it will shift out faster then you'd believe. I'll be taken more pics, and posting video's real soon. I've had a love for Army Green since I was a young fella' enlisted in the Navy, and continue to always have fun with these trucks.
I have the capabilites, shop, resources and knowledge to build bobbed deuces, or pretty much anything anyone can want.
If someone is local to me enough to get their truck bobbed, i'll gladly help them if they have a spare weekend and don't mind hanging out with Southern Alabama Boyz who treat deuces like Tonka Toys! ;-)

jollyroger

ME TOO!!!:beer:
Bewwbers......Roger that!

Oh and I like the bob job your doin'. I know it is sacreligious to cut on these trucks but seriously I would rather see one bobbed with loving care than to have them fall prey to the scrap yard. And I want to add that there are a lot of really good trucks that go directly to scrap for recycling and we never see them.

Right now I am living vicariously through you until I get another truck I can bob. Good job man.[thumbzup]