• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed Deuce, the concept & performance

55Cameo

go to mrt-wheels.com marsh racing wheels they have all kinds of custom wheels. ODIron also has wheels (devilman on SS) and I believe that Offroadfabworks on SS also has them.

TBigLug

jayjetseck

do you have to make a new driveshaft or can the original be re used?? i remember seeing something posted about using a front shaft in the rear but cant find it now,any ideas???

sermis

Have not bobed my truck yet but I think if I use a M101 bed I can keep the stock driveshaft but using a M105 bed it will ne an extra 5" added.

TBigLug

Thanks tamangel. I'd come across this thread before but never made it all the way through. Now I've got a full coffee pot and a couple hours with nothing scheduled so might as well start reading!

Rolling_Eudaimonia

I don't get the fade of reducing the M35 to a 4x4 from a 6x6? I've always wanted a 6x6 so maybe that is why... In fact I want more than just a 6x6 but I cannot afford to purchase a 8x8 or 10x10 truck from Tatra... Something insanely large is what I like.

But going form 6x6 to 4x4 should be a benefit for your average city driving. Think about it th overall length is now what 4 feet shorter so it is like a big 1ton truck. the amount of driving axles is reduced to one so less friction between your wheels and road means better fuel consumption, the fewer driving wheels in the rear also make turning easier since they skip and slide less during tight turns. Tire changes are cheaper now since you have four or six instead of 10 tires ( six minimum). You have less weight so you have a better weight to power ratio so that means accelerating should be easier up to the point where the gears run out. So if you plan on driving yours around town it would be slightly better... But frankly it seems like a sin to cut up a perfectly good M35 for no reason.

DUECE-COUPE

You just stated the reasons for bobbing it. I am almost done with mine, and i will be driving it to work at least once a week to keep every thing in good working order. I have seen too many military vehicles get deadlined from just sitting in the motor pool and getting the oil checked and left sitting at an idle all morning.

Remember your training!!!

Preventive
maintenance
checks and
services

does not mean start it and go get coffee. It means check it and then start it and then check it and then check it again. Then document your discrepancies shut it down, report your discrepancies to the guy who is going to fix it (you are that guy) and then get coffee!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks