• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bobbed deuce

ctmustang

Man that truck is killer! some people don't know when to just shut up and keep their opinions to themselves. But opinions are like other things -everybody has one! great job. really love the chop.
C.T>:twisted:

Seatyger

Caveman;
A classy piece of work. The Doors are sweet! I like your sense of balance with the fenders. The trailer dumped on the backsides with out of proportion wheel wells drives me nuts on other trucks. Your Chopping the top combined with the other mods gives your machine a 'Flow'. Very tasteful yet has an awesome aggressiveness! No pick up truck can ever achieve that look or attitude.:twisted:

Parker2

i dont know alot about these trucks, so i have no right to put my 2 cents in, i have had a few guy to tell me, when you remove that rear axle, and chop off the end of the frame, that it increases the offroad capability x2. really does a lot better when you add 53 in. tires. is this so? or not.
I think thats probably wishful thinking. Do a search for bobbed duece videos. You'll see how they do off road.

Love the truck by the way.

drewmech

That truck is nuts Caveman! Love the whole look of it. Keep me in mind if you ever decide to throw a "for sale" sign on that thing. Nice work all the way around.

:soapbox:

As for the whole chopped vs. stock arguement I have no problem with either as long as the vehicle is done right. Talented artists who choose to work with machinery rather then canvas have a right to go stock or completely custom. Its those who tear down a machine and then put it back together poorly or those who part out a vechile that is complete / restorable simply so they can turn a quick profit that bother me.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the hammered look. In the absence of running boards or steps, I see the real advantage to the suicide doors. You can step up the tire right into the cab. Far more thought went into this job that meets the eye. I have no problem with stock, custom or highly modified trucks at all. I also have no problem (yet) with the 4x4 crowd (of which I'm a member) hacking the axles out of deuces either, it's a steady stream of parts to save other needy deuces. As one member said, I'm not into bobbed pipelines or bobbed tippers at all. The uniqueness of this site is that customs are welcome here. The old mailing list forbade that type of activity. There was one point a few years back when some of the mod crown was ready to bail because of the thou almighty resto crowd. Luckily we nipped that one in the bud! Looks fantastic Caveman!

KaiserM109

Good work, Caveman. I have no qualms against modifying either a ’57 Chevy or a deuce. Now hacking up a ’57 T Bird would hurt but that’s just because they are really rare. Nothin’ rare about a deuce.

My Own Personal Opinion:
I like the chop job and the windshield visor; I’m not so hot on the doors. I do think that you ought to put something where the fuel tank, pioneer tools, battery box and tool box used to be, though. On that point I like the truck in your avatar better.

When the money comes available I intend to acquire a 2nd deuce and bob it. An example that made me decide that is one with an M105 trailer bed w/canvas and super singles and a winch. I already have the M105.

As far as 4x4 vs 6x6 it really depends upon what kind of off-roading you do. In the Rocky Mtns a shorter wheel base and good approach and departure angles are important. A low hanging step and fuel tank can be a problem.