• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed DUKW

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
are you for real? A joke right? I'm sure you also need to know if 52 inch tires will fit.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A few years back the Branson Mo.visitors & convention folks put a bunch of us up 5 days and 4 nights for Veterans Day weekend. One thing we did was tour the Ride the Ducks shop, it was underneath the boarding station. They were in the process of fabing a 44 wc62 dodge 6x6 into a mini dukw for parades. They fab the full side dukw hulls with ribs from one sheet of metal. For the right amount $$$$ could make you one what ever size you wanted. It was a well run super clean shop, bummer was they would not allow us to take any pic's. I was impressed with the workmanship and the full size jig that that a full size dukw mounted in and could be spun around to work and weld anywhere on the hull.

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

October 27th, 2012..

Did somebody say "Bob a DUKW?" The first guy that takes a surviving DUKW and bobs it needs to be neutered so he can't reproduce those defective genes.... Just my opinion, but I will be pleased to bring a very unsanitary Civil War Bowie knife and perform the said operation without anesthesia and without cleaning the knife... We'll call it Living History" Civil War Field Medicine", should go over well at the next reenactment....
John Wayne voice over here "I'm not gonna geld you, I'm not gonna geld you, Like H--L I'm not!"fat lady sings

wbdisco

i believe bobbing a DUKW would be extremely hard. My father and I have worked on two DUKWs and the fact that the outer ribs are horizontal and the inner ribs are verticals makes for **** trying to fix all leaks. The only way to properly do it is to reskin the hull which is a major PITA. Just my 2cents

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
People used to freak out when RAT4SPD and I discussed bobbing a 10 ton. Yet no one says anything when they are scrapped and sent to China.

While I have no use for a bobbed DUKW, if someone wants to pony up the cash to make it happen, more power to him/her. A lot of great items sit WAITING to be restored and just rot away.

I would rather see a 67 Chevelle SS vert put to use a bomber stock car on Saturday night than watch a tree grow to maturity through the engine bay.

Unless you're writing the checks, you really shouldn't tell a man what to do with his property.

My .02 anyways.

wbdisco

People used to freak out when RAT4SPD and I discussed bobbing a 10 ton. Yet no one says anything when they are scrapped and sent to China.

While I have no use for a bobbed DUKW, if someone wants to pony up the cash to make it happen, more power to him/her. A lot of great items sit WAITING to be restored and just rot away.

I would rather see a 67 Chevelle SS vert put to use a bomber stock car on Saturday night than watch a tree grow to maturity through the engine bay.

Unless you're writing the checks, you really shouldn't tell a man what to do with his property.

My .02 anyways.
no doubt, it will only increase the value of the remaining original DUKWs, just like the classic cars that haven't been rodded out. I was only speaking of the difficulty of the the metal work. It would be a lot easier to make a truck that will drive down the road than one that will float in the water. All it takes is Money

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks