• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought new LED Head Lights to put on?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Since we are on the topic…..

my truck came with these headlights from the auction.
Anyone know if they are heated? They are LED and stock from the military.

View attachment 841357
Wish I had a definite answer. Trucklite seems to be their default on a lot of LED's.

Best answer might be to unscrew those three screws on the trim-ring and see if there is a part number on the light - Maybe?
The heated lights that I have (not my headlights) appear to have a heat sink on the back of the bulb housing - made by TruckLite.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 841357
My buddy has them on his 800 series dumptruck and they are brite as the sun but its a blueish white lite theyre 20 times brighter than my projector jw lights for sure !

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Doug,

I can't tell by looking at the picture, but if you look closely at the front lens, you should be able to see very fine wires (like a rear window defroster) applied to it. The heating is done by current flowed through the wire matrix just like the rear window version. The wires are readily visible if you have them. Mine do, but I'm away right now and can't take a pic for you. Mine are different models, but the idea would be the same.

Chris

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doug,

I can't tell by looking at the picture, but if you look closely at the front lens, you should be able to see very fine wires (like a rear window defroster) applied to it. The heating is done by current flowed through the wire matrix just like the rear window version. The wires are readily visible if you have them. Mine do, but I'm away right now and can't take a pic for you. Mine are different models, but the idea would be the same.

Chris
Yeah, the heating wires are pretty visible.
1628182990729.png

JD4044M

I want mine to be a Fire Fighting Rig at this point. Just put another 250 Gal Tank on the back now have 700 gallons total or 5,600 lbs of water to work with. Pump one dry go to the other. I can keep one real full for travel this way transferring water. No sag in the Bed I can see lots of room on the over load bumpers too. Set up my Boom in a way I can easily add a 1" Sprinkler Cannon on it 13 ft off the ground to wet down a large area. I will be testing it today coming in the mail soon. Just might rip near here today there issuing lots of Evac Notices near us. Boom worked great to load the Tank in the back by myself. 50+ Feet out from the truck 100+ Ft Full Circle happy with it. Easy to remove to and fold the boom away.DSCF7057.JPGDSCF7075.JPGDSCF7078.JPGDSCF7077.JPGDSCF7065.JPG

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks