• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Boy scout camping with the M1009

twa@ezdn.net

Took the M1009 and M101a1 on its second Boy scout trip over the weekend and had a great time. The trailer is stock on the outside and kitted up inside with bunks and storage for me and the boys.

85 M1009
M101a1

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mmmmmm...nothing like Dutch Oven cooking outdoors! I have fond memories of the Boy Scouts (I became an Eagle Scout), in a way I wish I had a son so I can see the next generation have a blast as well.

Camo goes well with Boy Scouts!

twa@ezdn.net

This was a Council Camporee so all the troops from our area were there.
My MV was a big hit with the Scouts and the adults. Living in southeastern VA
I was not surprised to her "I got one to" or mine is a duce etc... Lots of fun!

85 M1009
M101a1

Barrman

Nice set up.

I have been using my M1009/M101 for the past few camp outs as well with the Scouts. Before that, the M35 or the M715 was used for just about all of them. The 1009 lets me haul 3 more boys and keep up with everybody else. Big plus.

We are under burn bans 90% of the time around here so open fire cooking just can't happen as much as we would like.

twa@ezdn.net

Yes to Sky line drive and last weekend we were at Fentress Airfield.

Next month we camp up at Staunton and are hiking Old Rag. That will be my longest trip to date in the 1009.

ssdvc

Is it possible to see some more pictures of how you set up your trailer, especially the interior. Sounds like a nice rig!

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just got a M101 to go with the M1009, we haven't had a chance to put them together yet but we will next month. Got any more pics of the inside of the 101? Our Scouts love the OD stuff too. Where are the biscuits, can't cook in the dutch oven without making biscuits...lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks