• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Booster- New vs. Old

Tlauden

Hello All!!

I have a simple question about the M35A2's brake booster. Will the "New" style replace the "old Style"? I have the old style and i need all new seals and gaskets and so on, No one seems to sell the rebuild kits for an old style. Saturn though has the New style in stock, for i believe about $250. Looking at the pictures of the new style it appears to have the same bottom two bolt pattern mounting bracket, i cant tell if has the side mounting bolt facing the rear of the truck. My other fear is that my existing pipes wont line up. I would buy a new old style but for some reason people must think they are made of gold and want an arm and a leg for a brake booster. I was leaning towards going and getting a used booster but i fear i would be in the exact same situation either right away a shortly after.

Any advice?:beer:

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tyler

BTW, I tried searching multiple times for EVERYTHING i could think of and never found a thread relating to swapping the two, BUT after reading countless threads i can probably take them apart, clean them, and put them back together in my sleep. HAHA:shock::beer::-?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new style booster is a direct bolt on replacement, no modifications needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks