• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake Booster- New vs. Old

Tlauden

Hello All!!

I have a simple question about the M35A2's brake booster. Will the "New" style replace the "old Style"? I have the old style and i need all new seals and gaskets and so on, No one seems to sell the rebuild kits for an old style. Saturn though has the New style in stock, for i believe about $250. Looking at the pictures of the new style it appears to have the same bottom two bolt pattern mounting bracket, i cant tell if has the side mounting bolt facing the rear of the truck. My other fear is that my existing pipes wont line up. I would buy a new old style but for some reason people must think they are made of gold and want an arm and a leg for a brake booster. I was leaning towards going and getting a used booster but i fear i would be in the exact same situation either right away a shortly after.

Any advice?:beer:

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tyler

BTW, I tried searching multiple times for EVERYTHING i could think of and never found a thread relating to swapping the two, BUT after reading countless threads i can probably take them apart, clean them, and put them back together in my sleep. HAHA:shock::beer::-?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The new style booster is a direct bolt on replacement, no modifications needed.