• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake shoe adjustment driving me crazy

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea I old school it and just do it by feel starting at the bottom and no feeler gage. I also remove the jam nut off the bottom and never-seize the stud so it will always come loose adjustment is made easer.

When I tried to use only the bottom adjustment to adjust 8 o clock the way you are supposed to, the closest I could get it was .035. It's like the shoe was off center in the drum.

For reference, the TM says:

3. Inspect parking or service brakedrums (1) or (2) for scores or pits. If scored or pitted, measureinside diameter.a. Replace parking brakedrum (1) if inside diameter is greater than 13.41 in. (34.06 cm).b. Replace service brakedrum (2) if inside diameter is greater than 15.0 in. (38.1 cm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks