• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bridge Truck with 15.5 x 20 singles

derby

It was these or 16.00x20 xl, 14.00 xl seem to be scarce up here. I am right at 8'-6 ish. If I find I don't like these I might go with the 16.00s. I will see how the power is.The 16.00s will probably require me to remove the spacers.

derby

I will try to get one ,but we got a winter storm going on right now.I will tell You the front is about 4" narrower.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It still overwidth. you have to cut the bed down to be within limts to run without a permit.

derby

Yes, the bed is still too wide as are the mirrors,the bed is the next phase of the project.I will try to get some more pics soon.

OSO

I have a 1953 IHC bridge truck . Have a set of 16.00x20 sitting up in the bed . Waiting for rims, like to know what you have in mind for your bed . I was looking to cut down the middle of the deck and re weld that then move out bed rails to make street legal. Then the mirrors ,boy those mirrors sure stick pretty far out. [thumbzup]

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't understand width limits and the DOT. It's a truck isn't it ? It's got road tires and wheels on it, meant for road use. It should be legal to drive on the road, right?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is legal to drive with a overwidth permit. Anything over 102 inches wide requires a permit.

Chuck

m139h2otruck

What wheels are you using on the M812? Looks like the fronts are mounted opposite the rears. Did I understand you right that the front spacers were still on the truck? What about the rear? What is the height of the tires (about)?
Thanks

NEIOWA

Re: RE: Bridge Truck with 15.5 x 20 singles

SETOYOTA said:
It is legal to drive with a overwidth permit. Anything over 102 inches wide requires a permit.

Chuck
And the permit applies to the load. Not to the vehicle. Some states will bust your chops if your truck/trailer is over 102".

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Bridge Truck with 15.5 x 20 singles

I drove my bridge truck all over too. However that did not make it legal. The truck is overwidth. I drive 80 mph on the interstate but the limit is 65. same difference.

Chuck

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The 102 inch limit does apply to the vehicle. Now it is very likely that your former military truck would not be stopped since a military vehicle is exempt. However your truck is no longer in military use, therfore the 102 inch limit applies .

WIDTH REQUIREMENTS
The maximum width limit for CMVs on the NN and reasonable access routes was originally established at 102 inches, except for Hawaii where it is 2.74 m (108 inches). To standardize vehicle width on an international basis, the 102-inch width limit was interpreted to mean the same as its approximate metric equivalent, 2.6 meters (102.36 inches) (Figure 1).

Federal width limits do not apply to special mobile equipment, which consists of self-propelled vehicles not designed or used primar-ily for the transportation of persons or property and only incidentally moved over the highways. Special mobile equipment includes the following, when moving under their own power: military or farm equipment; instruments of husbandry; road construction or maintenance machinery; and emergency apparatus, including police and fire emergency equipment. Federal rules do not require States to issue overwidth permits before allowing operation of special mobile equipment. However, if States wish to allow other vehicles more than 102 inches wide (i.e. non-special mobile equipment) to operate on the NN, then States must issue special overwidth permits.

derby

So are You saying I need an over width permit for my factory built snow mobile trailer which is 103.5"?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter

No I'm not saying it. Your state and Federal Governments are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks