• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bringing the Deuce back to 100%

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the choice of lights but I am not as brave as you when it comes to the mounting location. I would be worried about what the winch cable is going to do to them.

shannondeese

I thought about that but if I mount them on the bumper they are in the path of the head lights. So I end up with a pretty good sized shadow at about 15 ft out. I almost mounted them on the fenders but they are very short range flood lights. So workable light output is really only about 20 ft. Still it's a lot better than not having them. When I add the ones to the side of the truck tomorrow it'll be a lot closer to the ideal recovery and off road vehicle mobile repair station I envision.

shannondeese

Today while doing a little PM on the Deuce I found my coolant hose going to the heat exchanger was cracked and split. It wasn't leaking but was very close to failing. It was an easy fix. About a year ago a friend of mine rebuilt my steering gear box while I was deployed. Today it started sticking after I turn left again. So I am going to replace it here soon. I am going to go with a power steering option but I haven't figured out which type I'll go with yet. Cost is a very big part of that equation. Also this weekend I am going to pick up the new air conditioner for it. Cant wait to get that installed.

tk748462

When you fixed your passenger window, did you have a hard time getting the assembly back in the door? I tried to fix mine on the driver side, but I must of had something wrong, the part where the knob screws on the the assembly, it would catch on the inside of the door. I got mad and threw it 30 feet out in the yard and now it sits in the back of the truck. lol. sure would appreciate any tips, thanks!!!

shannondeese

Today I am going to attempt to fix my passenger side window motor. I can hear it moving but the wiper arm won't move. If I turn the lever manually the wiper arm doesn't move either. Hoping it's something simple. I doubt it though.

shannondeese

A few weeks ago I changed the hose going behind the oil filters because it was bulged and about to blow. Last night on the way home from work the new one blew. I was southbound on the I5 right off of Camp Pendleton. What a joy that was. My wife brought me another spare I had sitting in the garage and within a 30 minute period of getting the parts we were back on the road. At least by the time it was done the traffic wasn't bad it took her almost 2 hours to drive the 40 miles from our house to where I was.

shannondeese

A couple things done

Today I got pretty busy on the old girl. I rewired the horns so they work again. I braced the passenger side mirror so I can see more than the ground or sky depending on road speed. I installed a windshield washer bottle. I finally mounted the trailer wiring plug too. And I put the bed side extensions on I've been holding onto for a couple years. A lot left to do but getting closer.

Attachments