• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

British Vehicle mechanic

smashcrashy

One more thought on the British Mechanic needed arena, have you tried David Wang at Army Trucks Inc. in Santa Clarita? He has had lots of British vehicles in his stable over the years, 432's, Abbots, etc. He probably has a mechanic who could help you out and he isn't that far from you.
Wow old thread lol. I actually bought a HMMWV from David, haven't talked to him about a mechanic yet. At this point I am just going to get some small things done and sell off the Ferrets. I hurt my back shortly after posting this and every time I try to do anything on something armored it just gets me. I still got them road worthy and did fun things with them but being able to maintain them is just too tough on me. I have a lot more leads now and I appreciate all the feedback.

datadawg

I asked the owner of the shop that was overhauling my Saracen and Fox in UK what I am going to do if something breaks. He said, "no problem, mate, just give me a ring, and I'll fly out and fix it." I thought he was joking, but he wasn't!

dmetalmiki

I add my welcome..(and) The older stuff is quite functional to work on. As mentioned before the Saracens definitely difficult and full of bugs. And My K60 does not smoke excessively, starts runs and performs just fine. There is a (definite) and certain regime (procedure) to follow in starting running and servicing the 432s, and they will give ample longevity if these are adhered to. Mine is more than "fast" enough! For use Safely on the road anywaze. Oh, and it is running thus on the same mix as all my M series trucks. And that, (for me) makes the hobby affordable.

Jeeagle

Just looking at your vehicle list, you say your FV432 is a "Buldog" are you aware that the Buldog is a late variant with Cummins power and a totaly new steering unit ? Standard 430 series 2 variants all having RR K60 / Allison packs. As far as I am aware only one "Buldog" has ever been released from the British Army as yet in running order, one other did come out but it was very badly damaged on the hull (ex Iraq IED).
Off Topic and Old Thread-ish But one of those Bull-Dog 6BT powered units is less than 2 hours away from me. Not in running shape but supposedly everything is there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks