• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken AC drain line

504GNG

Recently purchased a first HMMWV M1161A1 and the condensate drain line from the AC over the passengers leg area is broken. The piece in the hose is a standard barbed nipple/ male piece, but I am not sure what the other side's connection is supposed to be. Did that side break off of the housing of the unit or is there another male piece stuck inside of the housing?

Attachments

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me, it looks as if the male piece has broken off of the condensation drain pan case. May be able to remove the pan for repair with an epoxy or simply replace the pan. Removal may be challenging in that confined space where you can't see the mount points.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
NO expert on this BUT.... looks to me you have enough material to tap some threads in it (plastic or metal ?) then screw one of these in there.

May have to take some threads off if threading it all the way in... to get it flush to the inside for proper draining. JB weld the , heck out of it.

Tap, glue, screw and hammer, CAMO
hose one.jpg hose angeled.jpg

Last edited: