• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

broken fuel pump push rod

rbesaw

Didn't it fall out when you removed the plate behind the fuel pump?
yes but it looks to be broken i had my son turn the motor over from the crank and i held the rod in place and i could feel the rod go in as he keep turning the rod started pushing back out do u know how long the rod is

dependable

About 3 inches, if I recall. It is basically a dowel. If it somehow did break near cam end, I guess it would end up in oil pan. It is more likely in it's guide in block, if it all did not come out.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you take the cover plate off the fuel pump mount? That way you can pull the rod out and make sure it is in one piece. That way you will know for sure. I doubt that the rod would have broken given it contacts the fuel pump actuator (lever) which is pressed metal. It would have to have been in a real bind with something else to break it.

Also, if all is AOK with the rod, bring some vaseline or bearing grease to the party. Using a clean rag, wipe the bottom of the rod off and slather grease or vaseline to the rod as far up as you can. After greasing the rod and pushing it up, this will hold the rod in for just enough time to get the fuel pump in and bolts started.

Good Luck!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If the rod came out, put it in the freezer to chill it, then coat it with grease and put it back up in the hole, the chilling will give you more working time., To bad there is not a hole on the front of the block that is threaded that you can run a long bolt in to hold the push rod like the 350s had.