• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brought Home M35A1 Yesterday

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the mushroom off and be ready to block it in case of a runaway. Make sure the throttle linkage is working correctly.

TGP (IL)

Thanks!!
Yes it is a Fiberglass top I believe the State got from Memphis Equip.
Seems to be a nice top.

After an hour of tinkering it fired right up! Drove it 3/4 miles to the house.

Now need to get a parts list ordered (filters, Brake parts, etc) and change all the fluids,
And pull all the wheels for a brake job from scratch so I know what I have.
Tom

Attachments

Jeepsinker

Not the wheel, you need to pull ALL of the wheels and just go ahead and order six new wheel cylinders and four outer hub seals plus two one piece front axle boots. Buy 4-6 six ton jack stands and remove all the wheels and go through all the hubs at once and be done with it. Now is the time of year to do jobs like this.

Now is also a good time to install braided stainless brake lines from Peashooter as well.

Last edited:

turnkey

Great find ...Hope you got it one th cheap...looks like a school house left over with all the used chairs around it. Have a blast with it ...nice shape also...this could be a fun rebuild...Best of luck and lots more pics please.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks