• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brought Home M35A1 Yesterday

TGP (IL)

Being the resident A1 nerd, I would love to see pics of the interior, dash plates etc. when you have time. Thanks!
Thanks!
I will post some dash Pic's soon.

According to what I have been able to find Through documents and Serial number
The truck is a 1965 Kaiser M35A1
Rebuilt and repowered at TEAD in 1980
It has a White LDT-465-C Manufacture Date 1-78 and 5 speed OD Trans.

State of IL. Received the unit in 1994
and somehow it was titled a 1975 AM General
The Data tag, title and Frame serial numbers all match, so I'm not about to try and change anything.

The speedometer shows 02248.5 Engine hours 01500.
Was always stored inside until 6 months before I got and now back inside.

It does Run and drive very well.

Thanks Again,
Tom

DavidWymore

I see yours has the old style A1 lights.

A1s had the beds u-bolted on, hinged rear fender mud flaps, and some other little things different than A2s. You can see them in the A1 thread in my signature line, towards the end of the thread.

TGP (IL)

I see yours has the old style A1 lights.

A1s had the beds u-bolted on, hinged rear fender mud flaps, and some other little things different than A2s. You can see them in the A1 thread in my signature line, towards the end of the thread.
The bed is fastened with angle plates bolts and springs then nut.
The rear flaps are solid metal top half with rubber flap bolted.
Yes the early lights, however for safety reasons I have the new style rears that I'm going to change too.
Also have the fronts but can't make up my mind if I want to change them. Also have early style front covers with Amber lens like I used
On the M37. Thinking that's the way I want to go.
Also in a previous post it was asked if the top was steel or fiberglass?
I replied fiberglass. However that is wrong. It is steel and did come from Memphis Equipment to the State of IL. according to papers I also have.

Thanks
TGP

Attachments

DavidWymore

Looks like yours has been pretty completely "A2-ized." Early steering wheel and the shifter looks like maybe the early single bend style.