• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bumper number etiquete

bansil

Sorry for mis-spelling in title
May be a silly question for some.
How does the community feel about putting bumper numbers from a unit you served with(desert storm) on a truck that didn't "serve" with that unit?
I am looking to purchase this spring and I want a set of #'s that mean a lot to me.My wife say's do it...I want some other opinions,don't want to do something "wrong"
Thanks

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Absolutely no issue what so ever. I am planning to do the exact same for my CUCV. Now my deuce was my vehicle and still has the original bumper numbers.

Who were you with in ODS?

Sirblissfull

I plan on putting my infantry units numbers on one even though it is a M820s.

I think I will throw the wife's commo unit on the other one if she is interested.

bansil

February 2nd, 2011

Bansil:

[thumbzup] Go ahead, it's your story and your truck! No squawks here!:D
Lol....your truck is my dream truck, I'm looking at an interim truck a saving project kind of(its beat up bad and will get bobbed)...our pms may still work at this spring/summer for my dream 6x6 duece to support two bobs ,wife wants one also,and yours is the perfect support vehicle for both of them if she's still availible.

I served as a 19K with 3rd ACR , wow its been 20yrs.

Thanks for responces

Flyingvan911

I'd say go for it. I'm thinking of puting the markings back on my deuce from the unit it came from. I just have to figure out what markings it had and where they go. All it has on it now is B15 on the left corner of the front bumper. It came from the 730th ASMC, SD Army National Guard. I'd like to give them some credit for taking really good care of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks