• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Burnt 2 Ignition Fuses in 2 days..

stevemcgee99

I don't know if it's related, but sometimes my Gen 2 light flickers, moreso at idle.
And the water in fuel light flickers some.

I drained water/fuel out of the filter. Seemed to be OK after that. But then the fuel gauge started dropping rapidly. Went to empty but I had plenty of fuel.
No glow plug, no warning lights (except for Gen 1 and 2) on start up.

20A fuse for ignition was burnt. Replaced it. All was back to normal.

Next day, water in fuel started flickering on again, just a bit. Then fuel level showed lower than it should.
Stopped, and when I went to restart none of the lights came on again.

I'm sure I'll find the fuse is burnt (it's opaque version so I can't see...).

What might be causing this?

cucvrus

Just take a look at the right side of the engine towards the rear of the head. There is a sensor there that sometimes gets loose and shorts out. i am not an electrical genius but I had a similar issue many years ago and found that plug was melted and the cause of my issues. Not a positive but still worth a look see. Everything that gets cut, added and changed just adds further mystery to the equation. Good Luck.

cucvrus

Top picture down a little lower on the rear side of the head behind the last rear glow plug. 2 wires into 1 plug. From what I see it looks like a clean truck.

stevemcgee99

Blew three this morning. Seems like it's burning out during cranking? Or right when the wait light goes off?

Burnt another at the end of the day, when I was going to go home. I have a pile of burnt 20a fuses on the floor...

stevemcgee99

OK, man. You were right. 30 fuses or more later (problem became consistent Tuesday night) I finally found that sensor at the back of the head.
Saw it when underneath the truck. It sucks having glasses on because I rarely get them in focus working on things...

anyway after cleaning lots of grounds and connections, trying lotsof guy’s advice and following the troubleshooting TM until it was time to test the resistor, I found this sensor and unplugged it. Solved the problem. 😊

now I need to get a new sensor.

Thanks CUCV r us!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks