• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Busted block

rustystud

008 (2).jpgMine was bolted. I had to remove the front spring to get access to the bolt heads though. I had removed mine to weld on a piece of 1/4" angle to the front of it for extra support as shown in PM magazine.

Last edited:

welldigger

I believe mine is like rustys but I haven't even seen my truck in a month. If it's bolted I don't see why you couldn't remove it. Although, I can see it being a royal pain to get to some of the bolts.

Jeepsinker

So has anyone swapped cross members from the riveted type to the removable type yet? It doesn't look too hard to do but I haven't really inspected both setups real closely to be fair.

rustystud

So has anyone swapped cross members from the riveted type to the removable type yet? It doesn't look too hard to do but I haven't really inspected both setups real closely to be fair.
It can be done, you just have to remove the rivets and install grade 8 bolts. Of course that was easier said then done !

tco3129

I got my new gantry crane assembled today. Bought a load leveler and chain fall. Hopefully the weather will break long enough to start pulling the engine

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You do not need to pull the pan, they changed out Andy3s engine at the 14SSGAR (2014 Steel Soldier GA, RALLY), pulled the engine/trans as a unit, did NOT pull the cross member or dropped the pan.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No, you don't need to pull the pan, but it makes life easier. If you pull the motor and trans as one unit, I'd pull the top of the trans off too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks