• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Buyer's Regret?

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One thing I did not expect is most of the "surplus" parts suppliers really rip you off big time on shipping! For example, i needed a parking brake spring. $1.36 was ok. $18 for shipping! And it takes 2 weeks for that? :poop:

01GRANDER

One thing I did not expect is most of the "surplus" parts suppliers really rip you off big time on shipping! For example, i needed a parking brake spring. $1.36 was ok. $18 for shipping! And it takes 2 weeks for that? :poop:
Yep, everything is made of unobtainium. Haha.
That’s why I say we need to move away from surplus stuff and shift to aftermarket.

Action

Yep, everything is made of unobtainium. Haha.
That’s why I say we need to move away from surplus stuff and shift to aftermarket.
It doesnt matter if it is oem or aftermarket. A business has a shipper they use. There is a rate that is the lowest they can go to ship a box. A company is not going to send an employee to the post office to save you a few bucks on shipping.

01GRANDER

It doesnt matter if it is oem or aftermarket. A business has a shipper they use. There is a rate that is the lowest they can go to ship a box. A company is not going to send an employee to the post office to save you a few bucks on shipping.
I wasn’t just talking about this but most businesses can just ship from their office and print a label for something like that really easily. I shipped using the Pitney bowes scale and something like that would be like $3.

Action

I wasn’t just talking about this but most businesses can just ship from their office and print a label for something like that really easily. I shipped using the Pitney bowes scale and something like that would be like $3.
Feel free to contact our parts vendors and tell them they need to order a scale and set up postal accounts and give their employees more work to do.

01GRANDER

Feel free to contact our parts vendors and tell them they need to order a scale and set up postal accounts and give their employees more work to do.
It’s actually less, I can ship things in under 2 minutes normally with the scale, envelopes/boxes and tape. I also don’t recall specifically paying for the machine, just a contract per year for set amount of postage which we went over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks