• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cable price

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I want to say I was quoted $1/ft for imported roughly twice that for US made.

Edited... I'll stick with what I said in the first thread

rmgill

RE: Re: RE: cable price

Take a look at Amsteel Blue synthetic winch cable. It's FAR better safety wise that if you're buying new cable, you should look at the extra expense. If I had someone here looking for wire rope I'd sell them the cable off my truck and get amsteel blue. I think it's around $700 for 200' of the right size.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I realize it varies with how often it is used, but assuming proper maintenence, how long should steel cable & Amsteel Blue last? 5 years, 10 years?, etc.

Outdoorbum

I know of heavy offroaders that have gotten 5 plus years out of there Amsteel winch cables. It is exspnesive but it is far safer and easier to use as compared to wire rope.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Cable on my 1970 M275A2 is about 53 years old and is needing replacement. (winch and cable came off a 1952 Reo and document trail showed the winch never used, assuming it was original)