• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cable price

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I want to say I was quoted $1/ft for imported roughly twice that for US made.

Edited... I'll stick with what I said in the first thread

rmgill

RE: Re: RE: cable price

Take a look at Amsteel Blue synthetic winch cable. It's FAR better safety wise that if you're buying new cable, you should look at the extra expense. If I had someone here looking for wire rope I'd sell them the cable off my truck and get amsteel blue. I think it's around $700 for 200' of the right size.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I realize it varies with how often it is used, but assuming proper maintenence, how long should steel cable & Amsteel Blue last? 5 years, 10 years?, etc.

Outdoorbum

I know of heavy offroaders that have gotten 5 plus years out of there Amsteel winch cables. It is exspnesive but it is far safer and easier to use as compared to wire rope.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Cable on my 1970 M275A2 is about 53 years old and is needing replacement. (winch and cable came off a 1952 Reo and document trail showed the winch never used, assuming it was original)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks