• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cadillac valve

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it is blocked, your fan should be running 24/7, maybe a mongo leak between the fan shroud and the clutch?

Salty dog

I appreciate all the help, I have been trying to go through the TM for a reference to see how the hose is routed. I took a look under the fan shroud and do not see anything connected to the fan clutch. I did see this attachment point on the back of the radiator but unsure its purpose

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is where the hose goes.
The hose that goes from the other side of the fitting to the fan clutch may be missing, that could be why it was plugged, that hose is a PITA to replace.
OR the hose may just be laying in the bottom of the fan shroud not connected.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that possibly the quick connector was leaking and someone thought unplugging it would stop the leak, when it did not they pulled and plugged the hose.
If you find the hose just laying there it might be a good idea to order one of the female connectors, seems they all leak sooner or later.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wrong, the nut is on the inside(#20), I thought it was on the outside, getting old o_O
Maybe someone has done it but it looks next to impossible without removing the radiator.
Fan clutch.JPG
If that fitting had the nut on the outside it would be possible to fish it to the hole and put the nut on it..