• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California members

Steve92307

Those 395s read like my best option.

I take it that they fit stock rims?
Would all six need to be switched to 395, at once?
Any suggested suppliers?

Sorry to be so new and so full of questions.
Yes you would need all 6. Feltz tire has good deals on 395s but they are out of Texas and will need to be shipped.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
New MV owner in Felton, CA here.
Well then... Welcome to the Outfit!

Post up some pictures of your ride and get the rest of us excited to see what you've got. There are lots of places to post. HMMWV's, 5-Tons, Deuces, Generators, Trailers... Figure out what category you fit in and show off your stuff!

There is a pretty good group of folks out there in Cali - so jump on in - the water is fine :)

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
New M1078a1 owner here in Marin County. Howdy.

View attachment 859306
Hi gslader,

Welcome to the Outfit! From all the way across the country here in North Carolina - an official welcome. It looks like you are ready to roll. Guessing maybe you drove it home? Seems like I remember your post about driving 500 miles to get it there...

Maybe you want to create your own thread that puts a stake in the ground showing where you started. Then as you work along on repairing things, snap a few pictures and post them up for everybody to see. Be sure to download your free copies of the TM's (Technical Manuals) so you have easy access to the diagnostic flow charts in them.

Again, welcome to the group!

gslader

Hi gslader,

Welcome to the Outfit! From all the way across the country here in North Carolina - an official welcome. It looks like you are ready to roll. Guessing maybe you drove it home? Seems like I remember your post about driving 500 miles to get it there...

Maybe you want to create your own thread that puts a stake in the ground showing where you started. Then as you work along on repairing things, snap a few pictures and post them up for everybody to see. Be sure to download your free copies of the TM's (Technical Manuals) so you have easy access to the diagnostic flow charts in them.

Again, welcome to the group!
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m planning on starting a thread that shares my learnings, mistakes and adventures - the community here has been amazing and I want to make sure I’m contributing to that. I did a short walk around video of it that I need to post as well. I’m traveling for the next few weeks so won’t have much of an update for a while but I’ll definitely post up the walk around and share the journey as it goes!

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The California Military Vehicle Collectors show...Link attached. Really cool event. I will have my MKT up there

I’ve got the truck up in Truckee right now and may bring it down to Sac for vin verification so I’d be right in your backyard! What is Plymouth? I’m not familiar with it.

The California Military Collectors Vehicle Show. Really cool event. I will have my MKT up there.

Camp Plymouth SPRING 2022 Swap Meet & MV Show, California, April 27-30 | SteelSoldiers

KN6KXR

Gslater.....I called the local police dept and they came to where I had my M925A2 and the officer filled out a signed a VIN verication form for me to take to DMV.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Um.... WOW! I bought a historic plated M936A2 and went to the DMV. That was a mistake. What a shitshow. Then the CHP office told me they would NOT inspect it unless I had a letter from the DMV stating they would give it historic plates. "It's like a "humvee"" he said. Now I'm in limbo. Better to be in limbo with valid plates (be they Michigan they are valid!) than to be red flagged. Still......

Think I'll inquire to some friendly officers in my area....... This is good to know thanks!

Authorized Vehicle Verifiers are:

DMV employees.

Peace officers including military police (California Penal Code §830).

Employees of auto clubs that provide registration services.

Auto club verifiers must include the abbreviation of their auto club name with their signature.

Persons licensed as vehicle verifiers by DMV.

Licensed vehicle verifiers cannot do VIN inspections for revived salvage, revived junk, SPCNS vehicles, or motorcycles with an unavailable California record (last registered in California but a record no longer appears on the DMV database).

f3504x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gslater.....I called the local police dept and they came to where I had my M925A2 and the officer filled out a signed a VIN verication form for me to take to DMV.

I had to drive my m109a3 with trailer to our local chp to be inspected . After two trips to he inspected I finally met the communist state of californias requirement to register it.

Steve92307

Any get together around Orange County anyone?
There is a meetup out in Barstow April 7th - 11th. A group of guys who host it come up from Irvine and other areas down there. You could probably convey up with them. Here is the link.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks