• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling ALL Florida members...HELP!!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, it seems that I was the high bidder just a little bit ago of a command post tent at Eglin AFB. I really need help getting this thing off base and to any member who might be going to the GA rally this October. ANY and ALL help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be some other members on here who won some there. They had about a dozen of those end today; also a bit on the pricey side, IMHO.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bringing this back up to the top. I got the winning bid notification this morning, so the PIF invoice isn't too far behind. I really would apreciate any and all assistance getting this thing off the base. Since it's a NON EUC item, time is gonna get real short real quick. Thanks again.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric,

It's just like the tent we set up at Haspin this year. 3 tent bags weighing in at about 100 pounds each.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, is this one for me? :jumpin:

TheOxman

Half the problem solved! Now we need to entice Oxman to attend the GA Rally.
What part of GA? I was stationed in GA for five years, own a home there, and have friends there. Depending on the drive (if I take my deuce), I might be able to go.

At the very least, I'll grab his tents and hang on to them until other arrangements can be made.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What part of GA? I was stationed in GA for five years, own a home there, and have friends there. Depending on the drive (if I take my deuce), I might be able to go.

At the very least, I'll grab his tents and hang on to them until other arrangements can be made.

Thank you sir for the offer, I will call shortly.

The GA rally is at the end of October in Union Point, GA at the Durhamtown Plantation. Here is a link to the 2010 SSGA Rally Info Thread.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, 1/2 of the situation is under control :jumpin:.

A huge thank you to TheOxman for offering to pick it up and hang on to it for a bit. Now I have to get it transfered to any member who is going to be coming to the GA rally. It doesn't matter to me if it goes through half of the membership, as long as it makes it to someone coming to the rally :). So I still need a little more help. I know you guys will come through for me!!!

Green_gator

Take them out of the wooden crate before moving. That will dump a lot of weight, make it easier to move and allow some of the moisture to start escaping. A full set up in the box needs a forklift but you can move the individual bags on your own for short distances.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That doesnt help out the rest of us picture junkies. :razz:

Below is a picture of the one that was set up at the GA rally last year. I already have one exactly like it, so this is a second one. And the pics from the auction, and the auction I won last year of it set up. I almost forgot, this one also comes with a tattered old light kit...LOL

Well, the PIF invoice just came this afternoon. Those guys sure are quick to get your money. Less than 24 hours from auction close to PIF...that's service :roll::roll::roll:

Attachments

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phase one is complete!!!!!!!!!!

A huge thank you to TheOxman for picking it up for me. I just got a call this morning and he told me that it is safe and sound.

I was already contacted by Phil2968 about transfering it and getting it to the GA rally. It looks like it's going to make it to the rally just fine. I can't wait. Also, I can't express how much I appreciate all the help I've gotten from the guys in this forum since I joined. This is a great community of folks.

pvtjorge

Man that was easy. I've always been afraid to bid on something for fear of not being able to fetch it off the base from where ever.
You guys are great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks