• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camping Information

Longhunter7

Cranetruck,

Regional meets are the way to go, but the hard part is getting someone to organize and scout out a location!

It was 300 miles for me to get to Haspin each way, and a lot farther for Westech from Madison Wisconsin!

If we can get several locations across the country for meets, that would be great! [thumbzup]

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree, we need someone to take charge and organize an East Rally(Bjorn?), a West Rally(Bill?), etc... Anyone? I would probably come to the Mid-East Rally at someplace like Haspin and the East Rally in VA or NC. The Haspin Rally was a great trial run. Eventually, when the site get large enough we can try and set up a large national rally as well as several small regional ones.

liljohn

Like I've said before, if it's within a days drive, I'm there. Haspin was about 300 miles for me - I didn't even have to take any time off from work, I took off Friday afternoon, made it to Haspin friday evening, rode all day saturday and had a liesurly drive back Sunday. Worked out great.

Now next year if I'm bringing the deuce I would probably take at least half of Friday off. But it's still very workable.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of course, I'm talking about driving the deuce and the Appalachian Mountains are kind of a psychological barrier. Drove once through WV in the deuce and it's often slow going. Now that time I had a load on and the trailer, but it would still take about nine hours of driving each way.
In the end I suppose it depends how much time one has available for this kind of thing.
Living like I do in the mountains, it's a relief to hit the flat level roads and my deuce can do 60+ mph for hours on end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks