• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camping tomorrow. Truck wont start. Wiring questions.

Hi,
Heading out for the big trip tomorrow and the M1009 wont start.
I've been reading wiring diagrams and diagnosing all day and I can get it fixed so I'm asking for help please.

We have two good batteries
WE have a good starter
We have a good starter relay
We have good fusible links
We have 24v at the big wire on the starter

We do NOT have power to the little wire on the starter when key turned
We do NOT have power to the 24v 10a fuse
We do NOT have power to the Gen 2 light
We do NOT have power to the starter relay (it clicks but nothing comes in or goes out)

See attached wiring diagram.
We have power to RED 2Y wire leaving the bus bar
We do not have power where RED 2Y wire meets starter relay or branches off to fuse box.

HELP!!

E-01 starting 24v power to starter solenoid.gif

Barrman

How did you check for power at the fuse at the very bottom on the fuse panel? The fuse holder leads tend to relax over time and not keep a good grip on the fuse is why I am asking.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Retest the 24v wire after the fusible link coming off the buss bar.

I did that first thing. Fusible link is good.
It’s working now. I wish I could tell you all what fixed it but I can’t. I tore into all the connections and took thr fuse box apart. Everything looked fine, and everything tested fine. Put it all back together and it works perfectly.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, my next suggestion was to dissemble the fuse panel at the harness connection on the fire wall.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bad connection.

MarcusOReallyus

Yeah, I'd be looking right where doghead suggested, and at those fuse contacts. Likely you moved something enough to make good connection again. That means that it may get bumped or vibrated to a bad connection again. Hard to say exactly where, but those brass fuse holders are famous for losing their tension.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks