• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can anyone identify these tires

joeypushjr1

ok i found these tires on a bunch of these 5ton truck in adelmans lot . so i loaded a pic and would like to know what they are and are they any good and are they easier to find than the michleans xl cause i dont want to single my deuce out want to keep it duall thankyou .............joe

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were you there to take the pic? If so, you could have looked at them to see whose they are :roll:

Wild Horse Hans

Now that I think about it Town and Country was a Firestone brand. I had them on an old Blazer. but I don't think they have been made for many years now.

jatonka

They are Goodyear, bias ply mud and snow traction tread. BF Goodrich and Firestone also made them with similar tread patterns. You can still find them on firetrucks being auctioned off. JT

Steamynachos

They are firestones I have them on my truck they came on all Canadian 5 tons you can tell this is an ex Canadian truck by the clearance lights on the roof they all came with that also you can see the bump in the hood for the jake brake that was also a Canadian thing. Those tires are hard to find and when you do they have been sitting in the sun since the early 90's so are usually cracked. I like mine but once there woren I will have to go with XL's.

Attachments

joeypushjr1

heck i would like something like that BLYTHEWOODJOE if i can find something cause trying to find mich.xl isnt going well and when you do find them there gone before you have a chance to bid on em as long as there road frendly you know

Blythewoodjoe

Well the tires I posted a picture of are for sale.
1961 IHC BC 172 2.5 ton truck - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

They are mounted on deuce wheels, 9.00 x 20, and they look new. I see no cracks. I'm sure they are old but they look good. I can send you a very big close up picture if you like. I have 6 of them which would leave you looking for 4 more. Ohio is a long way off too. Of course there are those of us with no better since than to drive all over the country.

joeypushjr1

hey freighttrain if you want tohe truck go to adelmans.com and theres is where youll find it he has a slue of trucks i thijkn he has at least 5 of those and 2-maybe 3 wreckers.. and some deuces dont know on any prices...joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks