• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

can anyone identify these tires

BEASTMASTER

used to run those firestones on my p/u. they are great when new but as they wear down the middle tends to act like one big strip in the middle and they stink in the mud and snow. even on a wet road you lose traction in the center of the tire.

DMgunn

Yep, but I think that's the reason they ride decent - that continuous strip contacting the road instead of individual lugs one after another.

I see those tires new on the racks even to this day in the old-school Cenex/Farmers Unions around here - although they are generally the one-ton variety. Who knows how long they've had them...

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are Goodyear, bias ply mud and snow traction tread. BF Goodrich and Firestone also made them with similar tread patterns. You can still find them on firetrucks being auctioned off. JT

The tires are Firestones. Adelman's has some MV's with similar tread tires that are Generals also. The floors are rotted out of most of the Canada trucks there!

Last edited: