• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I buy NEW not 95% tires.

Draftjim

Wow lots of ideas on this thanks guys I guess that tire rim in fort dix sold for $65 thats worth buying blind!
[If i lived within 100 miles]
$300 per wheel rim is a lot of money but the way tire sizes and availibility open up might make it worth it.
Looks like Im not going to worry about ''RUBBERS''.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I am new to the MV's but if you can get a 22.5" wheel you have tons of tire options. I drive cement truck and we have some nice meaty tires on our trucks.
Yes, but they would have to be widened.

The problem with 22.5" wheels is you would have to get custom made wheels. Big $$$$ for a one off set so to speak. However, it would be nice to have the much larger variety of tires to choose from.
There are 22.5 rims out there that fit the deuce, but they are similar width as stock, which wouldn't work for the tires being discussed.

OleGB

You could also look into commercial/construction "OTR" wheels and tires. There are a couple dealers if you search for them. I'd looked at OTRwheel's website a while back when I was building a 4x4 mud truck since I couldn't find any XML's in Canada. They have pretty much everything including an M35/military section. Expect to pay big though.

Draftjim

GREAT!
This pretty much says that we are not locked into military only tires.
And as time goes by I would expect wheels to be one of the first things to become more common place [cheaper] in the after market spectrum.
I found a place called Boyce Equipment that promises to make wheels to fit the deuce that will hold many different civilian tires.
And apparently they will dish them to order.
At midnight on an iphone I surfed their site and it looked pretty good but now on computer I get the main web page but nothing opens up?