• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I switch out flat wiper arms for Jhook arms on 1986 m1009

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I go through wiper blades like crazy. I have the flat arm with the little nipple circle to catch the wiper blade assembly, first snow, ice what ever, the cheap plastic bends enough that the wiper blades turn upside down. I was thinking can I grab a a later years blazer wiper arm with the jhook to give my wiper blades more support? That little nub on the flat wiper arms has got to be the dumbest idea of 1986.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup!! Dorman makes a set that I've put on 4 so far. Fit good plus has the hook. I put 2 19 inch wiper blades on too. Amazon says they don't fit but they do. No more blades falling off! Wiper arms are 25 each and the blades 15 a pair. Good paint in them too.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup!! Dorman makes a set that I've put on 4 so far. Fit good plus has the hook. I put 2 19 inch wiper blades on too. Amazon says they don't fit but they do. No more blades falling off! Wiper arms are 25 each and the blades 15 a pair. Good paint in them too.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Does that include both arms?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are they both the same? It looks like its angled to the left, I don't see a different one for left or right side in the listing.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prefect..... DOOOOH........ For some reason I was thinking of my escape that wipes from both sides of the car....... LOL Thanks bunch! Perfect!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks