• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can you spin tire?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's funny.... My truck isn't broke, and anyone that knows me will tell you it's one of the best maintained trucks around. Now that I've upgraded to 11-20's, I no longer spin the tires.

ABN173

I don't dog my truck out, nor am I reving in neutral and slapping it in drive trying to spin tires. I could care less about that, but I do notice that the tires bark a bit off the start. My truck seems to have plenty of power, I found it odd that some guys are having power issues that's all.

Bobert

Mine can spin on gravel a little bit, but not a brake stand. It spins 33s in mud and wet grass. With a fresh trasmission it keeps up with traffic a little better.

I want to know about the guys with the turbo, and or a 700r4.

motormayhem

I can spin my 36's on dirt with not much work. I can squeal the tires on if I gun it while making a sharp turn on pavement. I have 4.10 gears.

dunedigger

my 1008 will spin like crazy on gravel with no effort. I will never try it either way on purpose but I've seen a video on ebay for a 1008 where he kept doing a burnout on pavement, one after another to advertize it. I thought that was a stupid way to brag myself but it sure spun a lot.

cucv1833

my M1008 will does a good powerbrake on a slick concrete drive way about a 6 ft burn out half throttle. granted it has a turbo. i only done it once its not worth tearing it up i cant keep it running as it is LOL

mojeeper

Thats right, tear the **** out of them,it's only $$$$$$$$$ and disrespect for trucks......My two cents....
If it's my truck I would drive it any way I wanted to as I'm the one that has to fix it if I tear it up
but if I am driving some one else's truck your darn right I treat it with respect
2cents

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got another M1008 last month and it had timeing problem it had loose hold nuts
I re timed it and it starts and runs with no problem and will burn the tires off now But I do not like to do it to hard on the tires and drive train abuse.:grd:

xenocath

searching.............
i learned long ago spinning tires means junking a vehicle alot sooner my step son just found out that spinning tires in a 4x4 destroys rears trannys and transfercases. i love getting in my " sucky truck" and pulling off while his sits in the driveway lol.

even my huge pig of an M1010 will easily spin tires in any dirt or loose gravel if i want it to. its even chirpped going into 2nd a few times on straight dry pavement... although i now try to avoid that. i was just surprised it would since its not the racecar it appears to be...;-)

67_C-30

My M1009 will fry them on dirt, and will chirp them from a dead stop on pavement. Its amazing the difference that advancing the IP a few degrees and turning up the fuel screw an 1/8 of a turn makes on these engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks