• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian Deuce Availability ???

m109guy

who has the canadian rims for the duece for sale?
Like Numbers stated, no one in the US has them (as far as I know). They were only made for the Canadian M35 (MLVW) by a company here in Canada.

You have to come up here to buy them. Shipping is possible, but you are in PA, so it would probably be cheaper to come up and get them yourself.

A company in Montreal sells them. PM me if you want their contact info.

WPNS421

I saw the post for the tires, they are Michelin 16-20 and have combat split rims, you remove 10 bolts mounted on the rim and the rim separates. In July I will be going to Phil PA to Eastern to pick up some equipment and I will be bringing 6 tires to Eastern I then plan to head to NC to pick up some tents. If anyone is interested please PM me. The tires cost me $275.00 and I will charge $25.00 for picking them up. These tires are great and they are like near, very little wear.

Last edited:

odnorth

Great we can't take your trucks north, and now your coming to take our few trucks down south, l was hoping to have the only Canadian deuce at the 2nd Chehalis convoy, aw man.
Rob

Stan Leschert

Chehalis convoy? Who, what, where, most importantly WHEN? Have Deuce will travel.... especially if there is a Legion post nearby and beer can be involved!
Lt. Leschert. CF ( Retired/ retreaded!)
Send me details pls. The truck owner and I as tech advisor/ driving instructor are interested in a wee road trip!

Stan Leschert

I'm not sure how to do this yet, but under my profile, I posted some pics of Remembrace Day '09 with the M-135 I will post the whole thing at legion118.com tis week! When I figure out this site, I'll put them here for all to enjoy!

WPNS421

Canadian deuces can be had right now if you know where to look. In the past couple months I have been to several auctions to see some. The problem at the moment, they are scarce and all the ones arriving on the market have been cannabalized for parts. The last 2 I saw at auction were parts trucks only and they went for $1450 ea and believe me the trucks were parts trucks. At present the military removes the starter, the oil filter housing, oil cooler, radiator and body parts. I have 3 MLVWs as they are known, all runners, check my avatar MLVW w/Hiab crane. I bought that one from a dealer and I paid over $7500 then I put in all the missing parts and repainted etc. My cost right now over $11K. The worst part of all this I have 3 good running trucks and no registration/title, I can't drive them on the road.
Apart from the engine and transmission, all the parts from the M35A2 fit on these truck. If anyone is interested I have one for sale, the truck is running and will be painted this winter and mechanically inspected and repaired if required. I have a title but it is branded as "-for parts only", the vehicle can be imported into the US, and there you can probably obtain a proper title.

AaronW

Chehalis convoy? Who, what, where, most importantly WHEN? Have Deuce will travel.... especially if there is a Legion post nearby and beer can be involved!
Lt. Leschert. CF ( Retired/ retreaded!)
Send me details pls. The truck owner and I as tech advisor/ driving instructor are interested in a wee road trip!
Keep your eyes peeled for more info toward the beginning of 2010. I will be posting a new thread. Start thinking third weekend in July.

Stay tuned.......

For info on our last event check this out: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcomi...alis-river-valley-mv-convoy.html?nojs=1#links

Last edited:

odnorth

Hey Aaron l hope l can get one or two, l've been looking out for a 87-88 AF deuce with the split brakes like Mike has, do you happen to know of any around that can be had.
l have no doubt l will make the convoy again l enjoyed it just too much (the new company was'nt bad either), with a new truck or a improved old one.
Rob

cmp truck

Hello,
That is a Navistar 5 ton. They were originally bought for use by the Reserves. They are basically a civvy truck with the usual military addons. I was at a gun show and met a Cpl in the regular forces that I knew and he showed me this truck. The reserve member who was somewhat short explained how it was a pain in the butt to do the hood as it tilted forward, and you had to get on the bumper to grab the handle to pull.
Those deuce and a half are all going to scrap. I know a WO at the base here, and he informed me that DND can't take the chance on someone killing themselves if driving on civvy street.
First, they only have one brake circuit, so if it fails...
Second, the original wheels rusted very badly especially the trucks used in the east. They were replaced with combat wheels.
Third since they are so old and heavily used, the frames are fatiqued especially were the springs are attached to the frame.
Now, I have seen one intact vehicle for sale a long time ago in Quebec. But, there was no indication it was licensed for use on the road. There are junk trucks for sale in ON and I know when they were bought, there was a caveat that they were illegal for road use.
The WO I know said the entire truck is to be destroyed, frame, cab and box. The CF make extensive use of pods in the back of the M35CDN's for many uses. He indicated that you may not be able to purchase one of these either.
As for the two for sale that can be exported to the US, I would be leary about these.
For the three reasons above. Now, being out west, we hear all kinds of stories about "events" that occur in Quebec that wouldn't happen out here.
Ian

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can second what cmp truck said about the Canadian trucks being destroyed as they are removed from service. The few that were released, as indicted earlier in this thread, years ago, were all branded "irrepairable". This means the VIN was entered into a database that would ensure that this truck could never be registered for road use again in Canada. The military, in its usual mentality, also saw fit to remove certain parts that were a pain-in-the-rear to replace, such as oil coolers for the Fuel Miser Detroit Diesel, radiators and other random things.

WPNS421, who lives not too far from me, got his MLVWs back into running condition but...no chance to get them plated.

The issue with "what if a civilian gets killed driving one of these things" is no different from the same debate in the USA, bubbling up once in a while, that saw M151 Mutts cut up and HUMVEEs not made available to the general public and even a (very brief) stop of all auction sales of military vehicles. At the end of the day...all BS in my view.

I would like to be allowed to at the very least purchase one for parts (directly from the goobament, not later from a crazy-arse scrap yard owner that thinks it is gold-plated). But, alas, no such luck. I guess I have to find out where they bring them for destruction and then get there before they do!

rustystud

I can second what cmp truck said about the Canadian trucks being destroyed as they are removed from service. The few that were released, as indicted earlier in this thread, years ago, were all branded "irrepairable". This means the VIN was entered into a database that would ensure that this truck could never be registered for road use again in Canada. The military, in its usual mentality, also saw fit to remove certain parts that were a pain-in-the-rear to replace, such as oil coolers for the Fuel Miser Detroit Diesel, radiators and other random things.

WPNS421, who lives not too far from me, got his MLVWs back into running condition but...no chance to get them plated.

The issue with "what if a civilian gets killed driving one of these things" is no different from the same debate in the USA, bubbling up once in a while, that saw M151 Mutts cut up and HUMVEEs not made available to the general public and even a (very brief) stop of all auction sales of military vehicles. At the end of the day...all BS in my view.

I would like to be allowed to at the very least purchase one for parts (directly from the goobament, not later from a crazy-arse scrap yard owner that thinks it is gold-plated). But, alas, no such luck. I guess I have to find out where they bring them for destruction and then get there before they do!
That is so sad I almost cried reading it ! What a waste of good military equipment and parts ! Crazy government trying to control our lives saying what is good and bad for us. After all "they know better" since their the "educated elite" after all. Just ask them !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks