• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian Deuce

winfred

yea that was turbo, was reading about the fuel pincher a few weeks ago and forgot about the NA version, think it was detroits first 4 stroke and did have a couple good points

oboyjohn

These engines served us well up here. They were sometimes hard to start in winter when the temperature dropped below -25 but in that cold weather, when possible, we let them run 24/7 and only shut down for maintenance. When we could not leave them running, they were equipped with a quick start either injection system. In summer, the cabs were hot but they would run all day at red line 3250 rpm. With the gearing in the transmission and the diffs, this would give us 90-95 kilometers an hour ( 55 miles an hour).But like any truck, they had their quirks. They were not the most comfortable for big guys like me (6`2`` and 225 lbs) and the legs would cramp up after a while, especially if riding shotgun. I have countless hours behind the wheel and as a mechanic, also under the hood. I would love to get one and put it in my driveway. Maybe someday.....

Cheers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks