• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian "Pre-CUCV" Chevy

bbking

All the blackout lights is there,and working ; . And the grilleguard is sitting in the truckbed,alongside 8 oem wheels whit rockhard dryrotted tires, i even found the original troop/unit markings on it,just need to have the translated so i can get a bit of the history of the truck

bbking

now the autum has been good to us here in northern Norway, still autum, even if calendar says winter, so i had time to start removing the horrific blue paint 2016-10-14 14.13.44.jpg
getting there slowly :)

Freeland

I just read this entire thread, as well as the entire nearly 7-year-old Pirate4x4 thread. Very interesting, had no idea that the 1970's Canadian "Five-Quad" existed in their military. Clearly the reliability of their Five Quads paved the way for our 1980's CUCVs.

bbking, thanks for the update on your Canadian 5/4! It's looking great! Are you using aircraft paint stripper, or are you able to just kind of pick the blue paint off in flakes? Keep of the good work!

Last edited:

bbking

Hello again,no im not using aircraft stripper,its to strong and will ruin the original paint, im using a cheap brand paintstripper,realy cheap means not so strong,but perfect for this,and a powerwasher whit turbo nozzle,had great experience whit this combo on old "repainted" mv before,and this time it works like a champ too :)

Another Ahab

Hey, Espen; that's a great looking truck you got there.

What's that other rig parked up next to you?

And seeing that was your first post:

- Welcome from the USA, here in Virginia.

Hal O'Peridol

I have seen two of these 5/4 tons in the Vancouver area, one in Coquitlam and one in Maple Ridge. There is also a Military Hummer hiding out in a garage in maple Ridge. I wonder how many of there were Canadian Forces surplus, or picked up as used from the movie industry.

oboyjohn

I sure could have some fun with that truck. Brings back memories, I drove them for close to a decade. Tough as nails but they loved to suck gas.

Hal O'Peridol

On a firearms forum I belong to, there's a discussion of one of these for sale in Washington state. I have a relative in Oregon- it's a long shot, but I'd love to have it fall into the hands of someone I know (and hopefully, eventually, my hands). Does anyone know anything about the WA vehicle?
Do you have a link to the thread? Or at least which forum it is on?