• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL Can't get my m1083 Insured in FL

lfrang

Hi everyone, my uncle and I have been building a m1083 for the last 5 years and finally almost done. We've had a huge hurdle with obtaining insurance in florida. Currently the rig is registered as RV and when we go to any insurance provider, they say that they dont insure that type of chassis. Would really appreciate any tips, advise or feed back anyone could share. It's frustrating and we just want to be able to use it with no problems already. Thanks!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi everyone, my uncle and I have been building a m1083 for the last 5 years and finally almost done. We've had a huge hurdle with obtaining insurance in florida. Currently the rig is registered as RV and when we go to any insurance provider, they say that they dont insure that type of chassis. Would really appreciate any tips, advise or feed back anyone could share. It's frustrating and we just want to be able to use it with no problems already. Thanks!
Welcome to the Outfit!

There are quite a few guys with LMTV's in Florida, so it should be possible. Don't take no for an answer. Just keep asking.

Here is a link from a member in Florida back in February:

lfrang

Welcome to the Outfit!

There are quite a few guys with LMTV's in Florida, so it should be possible. Don't take no for an answer. Just keep asking.

Here is a link from a member in Florida back in February:

Thank you, much appreciated! we've literally gone through 10 insurance companies and still nothing.

lfrang

Maybe just drop the RV registration. You may pay more for the tag, but it may be easier to insure.

thanks, I was also thinking of registering it in Montana and going that route. Going to start calling around tomorrow to see if that's an option.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site, sucks that you are having issues getting your truck insured. I'm not in Florida, but have you spoken to the reps at Hagerty Insurance?? I've have both of my trucks insured with them & have had zero issues.

lfrang

Welcome to the site, sucks that you are having issues getting your truck insured. I'm not in Florida, but have you spoken to the reps at Hagerty Insurance?? I've have both of my trucks insured with them & have had zero issues.
I have actually, but since the bed has been removed and we added the box they dont want to insure it.

lfrang

I have my MTVR insured through Progressive commercial. It's about 1200 / year with comp and collision + 500,000 liability.
thanks! do you have your rig in its original condition? Reason i ask is because we added a box in the back to convert it to a RV.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Help in Florida!!! Hope you guys can help me out. I’ve had my LMTV insured through State Farm for 7 years as a truck. I just converted the title to be registered as an RV. This morning my local State Farm agent said they can’t insure it as an RV and will be dropping my coverage in April. Who do you have for insurance? I’ve reached out to many other companies companies and no luck.

lfrang

Help in Florida!!! Hope you guys can help me out. I’ve had my LMTV insured through State Farm for 7 years as a truck. I just converted the title to be registered as an RV. This morning my local State Farm agent said they can’t insure it as an RV and will be dropping my coverage in April. Who do you have for insurance? I’ve reached out to many other companies companies and no luck.

Hey bud, we ended up adding the rig to our companys Commerical policy for an additional 2k a year. Was our only solution.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Updating everything I can. I convinced State Farm to resubmit it to the underwriters. This time with 50 some pictures of the completed vehicle inside and out, a detailed list of everything on it including pricing, all of its features and a copy of the registration proving it was registered as a motor home. Six weeks later I finally got it approved for coverage!!! I did the happy dance🎉

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks