• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Cover Contemplations - What a mess!

Elwenil

In my opinion, unless you are going to store your Deuce indoors, get a vinyl cover. Canvas just takes too much of a beating from the sun and rain. When I got my cab top for my M715, I bought a new mil-spec vinyl one because the new canvas smells like a morgue, old canvas has already stretched and is probably starting to rot, and the vinyl was a lot cheaper in my case. All the old military canvas tarps have gone south on me in less than 2 years outdoors. There's a reason the military switched to vinyl. [^]

Dowhee

Thanks for all the great info.

GMA does not have the cargo cover for the 18 foot dropside bed, the largest they have is 14 foot for the 5 ton, or a 20 foot for the MTV. (perhaps I could modify that)

I'd really like to have the vinyl top in green, to match the end curtains that I already purchased.

I hope to hear back from Ronzo, soon

Deuce-bigalo

Wow - You guys really come through and I appreciate all the links, information and experiences! I will bookmark these and keep logging CPU time to determine what cost's are going to be.

Thanks again and I hope this also has helped others in their Quest!

John

Warren Lovell

I got my bows and hardware plus the corner pieces, all NOS, from Dave Walker.

As for consitency...think about the surplus industry. Some dealers buy large lots, some buy small lots. Maybe one day, you bought a pallet of bows for cheap,,,but the next auction, they bid out real high. It all depends who is bidding. And it depends on the overhead to get the surplus back to your yard.

For me...in So Cal, Dave walker is close enough for me to drive and have a nice little 1.5 hour road trip and pick up the stuff too heavt to ship. Dave's pricing is better than most.

Warren

Deuce-bigalo

Thanks for the suggestion Warren - I will contact Dave and see what he has. I am definately shopping for the best price for the best set up!

John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just drug home 3 cargo covers for the deuce. 2 of them are green vinyl old style and the 3rd is the one piece with 3 color camo. I hope to get them stretched out this week or next to see if they are worth using. Also picked up the heater shelf for the multifuel inner fender. Good haul today and got to drive a shopvan with air assist steering. It can best be described as very "Spoiling" I want one!

Deuce-bigalo

Well, aside from keeping an eye out on GL for covers and bows - I think the 5T cover would work best as you wouldn't have to get the front curtain - just the back right?

Just curious - it seems it would be the best bang for the buck!!

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks