• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo cover swap

800summit

I was wondering if the cargo cover from a M939 will fit the M35, I have an opportunity to purchase one at an auction. I have the standard 12' bed. I have serched and can not find the specs on the M939 cargo bed.

emr

everything is the same but the length. ones 12 and ones 14 ft...in a pinch, one could cut off the end of the 5 ton, and fold it under and put a rope thru it like the old style covers and pull it just like the old style and use an end curtain, I know it works because ive done it, but for sure it is worth getting the correct cover, i had so many 5 ton covers one time i was just getting creative.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have a 14ft cover for one of the new style trucks lmt something. taller than reg. ones thought. cant think of any use for it. :cookoo:

Amer-team

I think I just installed an LMT cargo top on my M54 with dropside box. It is a little tall for the truck as originally set up. I think I am going to raise my top bows about 6 inches. Will have to do some pondering and measuring first and it should then work out well. Will also probably have to add a few more tie down points for the rubber straps. It seems like a really nice top. Eventually I will go with a canvas top to put it back in Vietnam configuration.