• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARNAC's Historical VIN INFO Thread

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Your efforts are very appreciated sir! Will my m109a3 be listed eith the dueces?
Thank you very much in advance.
Ron
No, it should be listed under the M109A3. If I didn't pass that file over, then it must not have been pulled or it must have been accidentally deleted from my hard drive.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, it should be listed under the M109A3. If I didn't pass that file over, then it must not have been pulled or it must have been accidentally deleted from my hard drive.
The file for the M109A3s is attached in post 63.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Unless it's a rebuilt A1 frame then on the passenger side. Check one of the old VIN INFO threads, it was better stated and there were photos.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
M55 and M62 (can only attach 10 files at a time)
What does the REGNO represent in the M51 PDF? I see the SN is the Identification Number correct?

I think I have a IH M51 turned M51A2, closest serial i can find is 2 digits off in the M51 PDF.

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does the REGNO represent in the M51 PDF? I see the SN is the Identification Number correct?

I think I have a IH M51 turned M51A2, closest serial i can find is 2 digits off in the M51 PDF.
Yes you are correct your truck started life with 6602 gas power in 1952. REGNO is registration number, that is the number that was painted on the hood, yours should be 5161327 i think.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
That is amazing news, how did you derive the 5161327 hood number out of curiosity? Still re-reading the PDF's to see if I can find the actual SN. Any way to find out what unit it has been assigned to?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is amazing news, how did you derive the 5161327 hood number out of curiosity? Still re-reading the PDF's to see if I can find the actual SN. Any way to find out what unit it has been assigned to?
When your serial number is missing, find the closest listing and add the difference in serial numbers to the registration number for the listing you found. Sorry very few unit listings are available. Check your bumpers for numbers and letters and post pictures, usually someone here can decode them.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job and great info and much thanks! Quick question due to my ignorance... what is a REGNO number?

Thanks in advance.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, edit... simple Google search returned "Registration Number"... so I'm an idiot....

Question pertaining to truck markings... if the truck were say a USMC instead of Army or other branch, how would the REGNO work into the scheme of things?

Forgive me, I was arty, not motor T. If it isnt pull string go boom, I'm lost...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, edit... simple Google search returned "Registration Number"... so I'm an idiot....

Question pertaining to truck markings... if the truck were say a USMC instead of Army or other branch, how would the REGNO work into the scheme of things?

Forgive me, I was arty, not motor T. If it isnt pull string go boom, I'm lost...
Good question. Each branch of service has it's own registration number system. USMC seems to always be 6 numbers.

Dieseltech795

I was wondering if you could help me out. I have an 85 M1008 that I am trying to find a little history on. The bumper numbers are illedgable as they’ve been painted over a couple of times. I’ve tried to remove what I could but I think I went to far with sanding. I would like to return the original markings to the bumpers amd tail gate if I could but it would be nice to know where it has been stationed. I do know it was decommissioned from the EPG and was unit 118 but where it was before that is a mystery.
1GCGD34J5FF421564
NG1T1Q
2320-01-123-2671

Smsfastman24

I was wondering if anyone would be able to confirm and maybe help me find any additional information if possible. I recently just purchased a M35A2 privately and like everyone else, wanted to know its history. I looked in the M35A2 WOW file that was posted, but other than the info in the file is there anything else that can be researched? According to the pdf, its a 1969 and has a UIC of W8FBAA which from my understanding is the Maryland Active Guard Reserve. I also know that its a M35A2 w/o the drop down sides or winch, although the truck does currently have a pto winch on the front. It was rebuilt in 6/90 and I did confirm the tag with the frame stamped code, and they do match.

The Serial Number is 32512956
NSN: 2320-00-077-1616
Was bought of a private seller in PA which was purchased from a dealer down in Delaware, currently looking for the company name.
Bumper Markings: MDNC 70 REG & HQ 4

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was wondering if anyone would be able to confirm and maybe help me find any additional information if possible. I recently just purchased a M35A2 privately and like everyone else, wanted to know its history. I looked in the M35A2 WOW file that was posted, but other than the info in the file is there anything else that can be researched? According to the pdf, its a 1969 and has a UIC of W8FBAA which from my understanding is the Maryland Active Guard Reserve. I also know that its a M35A2 w/o the drop down sides or winch, although the truck does currently have a pto winch on the front. It was rebuilt in 6/90 and I did confirm the tag with the frame stamped code, and they do match.

The Serial Number is 32512956
NSN: 2320-00-077-1616
Was bought of a private seller in PA which was purchased from a dealer down in Delaware, currently looking for the company name.
Bumper Markings: MDNC 70 REG & HQ 4
70th Reg (maryland.gov)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks