• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW/G506 data plates

WW2Chevy

Thats an approach I've never seen before. The dual axle is mounted below what used to be the front of the frame. You can still see the radiator mount crossmember and the lower radiator baffle too. They moved the front axle, engine, transmission and sheetmetal to what was once the rear of the frame. Bubba was being very creative that day!!

1944mb

Thats an approach I've never seen before. The dual axle is mounted below what used to be the front of the frame. You can still see the radiator mount crossmember and the lower radiator baffle too. They moved the front axle, engine, transmission and sheetmetal to what was once the rear of the frame. Bubba was being very creative that day!!
Maybe bubba was ambitious that day. No one told him most people just reverse the way you drive it, that way the engine is behind you. If a person brought it home-do you think there would be any reason to save the frame? Ill get a few more pics and see if you guys know what the engine is.

1944mb

Converting a non-winch to a winch G506 is quite an undertaking. The front spring perch on a winch truck is actually attached to the winch extensions, not the frame like a non-winch truck would be. Seven solid rivets are used to attach each side of the winch extension. The two larger holes next to 6 & 7 are where the front shocks bolt up.
View attachment 892115

This is a better view of my winch extension. Removed it only so I could repair the bad case of winch droop. It was used as a pusher truck late in its life, and the extensions drooped about 1-1/2" in the 24-25" that they protrude from the frame.
View attachment 892116
WW2 chevy, would that extension be very hard to replicate? Say for a winch truck that has been modified

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks